Your fave red lipstick?

:lol: it was pretty much all i wore for two years, and when i thought i lost it i replaced it and then found it and they're both still the closest to using up a lipstick i've ever gotten. that one isn't drying at all but it's not super long wearing - but the formula is forgiving enough that i can apply it easily without a mirror. jungle red is a little more intense and less moist, and i find red dragon the driest out of all of them but also the most intense.

So it's the typical longwearing vs hydrating dilemma... :P

Dior Addict in Runway Red - very nice, sheer red. OMG someone in tPF land here recommended it and I can't remember who she was but thank you! :kiss:

Buxom lip crayon in Shanghai.

XXXOO PG

Another gorgeous Red is Chanel's Rouge Allure in Passion (#14). A nice plus is that DBF is much easier to convince that I need it if it has a gimmicky packaging like the Rouge Allure or Rouge G. :P

Nars isn't sold in stores anymore here in Germany. Don't ask me why. They decided to remove themself from our market. :shrugs: I'll check out the link since online is my only chance to get it.

Wish you luck Kittie:P

Round and round...I'm stunned. Shanghai red is my favorite but I didn't mention it because Chanel discontinued it. It's a pink based red that's great for yellow based skins.

Scarlet Empress is my DD's favorite. I didn't mention that because I though OP wanted something lighter.
You have great taste in red l/s colors!

But frankly...the Chanel choices are less of a gamble because they tend to look good on most people. I believe they choose more neutral tones that will suit a wider segment of the l/s wearing population.

Thank you Nemo, maybe DH get the credit too, I often ask him w/c colors when I can't decide w/c color to choose:rolleyes:, same with nailpolishes and all LOL He's always there for a good advice hahha. That's why I'm very cautious when using my lipsticks bc most are discontinued. Other lipsticks that I love, the Diorific 004 Brun Cache Cache, ugh, I'm almost reaching it's end:love: my favo autumn/winnter color and my Divinora 274:heart: LOL can't even read the sticker on the base bc it's old, ack!

Oh yes, and I'm having an unuse discontinued (in the old Dior case from years and years ago LOL) Dior Rouge 836 Rose D' Automne, somewhat red-brown color, waiting for her turn;)

Round and round...I'm stunned. Shanghai red is my favorite but I didn't mention it because Chanel discontinued it. It's a pink based red that's great for yellow based skins.

But frankly...the Chanel choices are less of a gamble because they tend to look good on most people. I believe they choose more neutral tones that will suit a wider segment of the l/s wearing population.

I just won an ebay auction with Shanghai red and two other reds (Coco Red and Fire) :yahoo:
I've never tried any of them but have a lot of hope with your description as I am yellow based.

My favorite red right now is MUFE #44. It is PERFECT. Not too bright, not too dark. Recommended for yellow/gold/olive skin tones.

Last edited:
Which one is good for medium olive-tan skin with a hint of pink? Weird combination I know, but my coloring is weird, lol.

I don't personally know but MUFE has a really amazing "calculator" type thing where you select your hair color and skin tone and it will tell you the numbers that will look good on you. If nothing else, it will give you a great start off point on what to look for.
http://sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE UP FOR EVER&contentId=C23481

I was going to suggest posting pictures of the red lipstick on your lips or as a swatch or just a picture of the lipstick.

That would be helful as I am one of those who are too self conscious when wearing red lipstick, and not use to it at all.

TIA ladies. I don't know if you can believe that I don't own any RED lipstick! What kind of girl is that? I know...I'm reading through this thread but can't get a mental note of the different types of red.