Your biggest Balenciaga pet peeve?

BTW speaking of longer straps! today i was out xmas shopping and i saw this girl carrying a city messenger bag style! but the strap was really looooong... and it looked SO INCREDIBLY GOOD!!! :wtf: although i'll have to admit i wasn't near enough to see if it was real... :shrugs:

was it purple? i think that may have been me :smile:
i live in vancouver and made an extra-long custom sling strap for my balenciaga bag. i couldn't find the right colour of leather though so i had to use heavy purple fabric..
but its worth it to be able to sling my bag across and have my hands free!

wow i am replying to an oooold thread. pardon me i just joined!

Also for me it is the city strap a little too short and a little longer handles would be nice. Mine don't darken because I use LMB's For Handles Only. That makes them last longer than the bag. Also on the city, I usually take off the tassels for one side of the zipper cause it all gets in the way too much. I love the look of the City's on but I love the ease of the Day bag for carrying and using it. I don't care though for these faults cause I still love them all!

Oh and I love my messenger's with the adjustable strap. That would be nice on a city bag.

I am probably alone on this one (so please don't throw stones;) ) but my big pet peave is the "bunny ears". Because of this my favorite styles are the Work and Brief, but I just saw a Brief w/ bunny ears too :cursing:, I thought that I was safe buying briefs but I guess not.

My other huge pet peave is the darkening of the handles. I really wish that they didn't darken and I know that lots of lovely ladies probably don't mind this but I do. I go to drastic lengths to keep my handles from darkening (protector, no lotion on my hands, not carrying my bag by the handles etc..) and it's tiring.

I do love my bbags though and I wouldn't trade for anything!

I wish more Bbags were on display at BalNY. I wonder how many they'd sell, and how many more visitors they'd attract, if we were all rewarded with the sight of Bbag heaven on full display in it's full glory. :girlsigh:
I totally agree! I got "snipped" at by an SA one time for asking to see multiple bags. It was like she didn't like the fact that I didn't have my mind made up after trying on just a couple of bags. I was shopping, and she ruined it. I will never buy from her ever again - so rude!

for me it's the shoulder strap not staying on, it always slides down, that and the handles on the city being so darn small. Why can't they make them just a tad bigger so that they go over the shoulder. sigh...........

the fact that tassels split/break so easily and they're not even providing extra ones anymore. also, the shallow pockets inside (with the exception of the day bag) bother me.

^^ thanks for that, i saw that thread too. and depending on which SA you speak to at the Bal stores, they may or may not ask you for proof that you bought your Bbag through them.

Where oh where to start:

a). That they keep raising prices in a ****ty economy - that's just low.

b). No more pockets on the mirror. That really came in handy for business cards, metro pass, etc. It's the little details we love.

c). No more feet on certain bags. Lame.

d). No more free set of extra tassels when you buy a bag. Way to nickel and dime me Balenciaga.

e). The fact that you can only purchase tassels if you bought a bag at that store.

f). Discontinuing the boobie (I have to ***** about something since they listened and brought back the mini mini) I have hope though that this one is coming back soon.

g). Why oh why offer Gold, silver, and covered GIANT hardware - and then only offer the RH in raised brass or small covered. A lot of us still prefer the older hardware and would buy like fiends if you offered more selections.

f). THIS IS THE BIGGIE: WHY DID YOU ONLY OFFER THE BESACE BAG FOR ONE SEASON AND MAKE LIKE 7 PIECES AROUND THE FREAKING WORLD TOTAL. I have wanted this freaking bag for years YEARS - then dream of dreams: "hey ladies (and some gents too I'm sure) we're bringing that sucker back!!" - Um: no. You made like 4 in black and then lead us all on a wild goose chase for them. I REALLY wanted one, along with many other folks. WHY didn't you make more AND why discontinue it AGAIN. Okay - rant over.

Last edited: