You Love the Bag...But Not on You???

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
I am now so torn. With some effort, I located and received a really nice rouille Balenciaga city bag. I got dressed today with what I imagined I would wear the bag with...and...it just didn't work for me. I put rouille away and brought my black back out... I love the color, but not so much on me... It reminded me so much of the F05 caramel...I loved it, but not on... I may just have to accept that I am a "dark color bag girl"...the experience made me want to run to my closet to retrieve my dark chocolate spy or run to BV to pick up a large woven hobo...

Do you like a bag...but not on you? What do you do?

SoCal said:
I am now so torn. With some effort, I located and received a really nice rouille Balenciaga city bag. I got dressed today with what I imagined I would wear the bag with...and...it just didn't work for me. I put rouille away and brought my black back out... I love the color, but not so much on me... It reminded me so much of the F05 caramel...I loved it, but not on... I may just have to accept that I am a "dark color bag girl"...the experience made me want to run to my closet to retrieve my dark chocolate spy or run to BV to pick up a large woven hobo...

Do you like a bag...but not on you? What do you do?

I have the same problem Socal!....if you've seen my bag showcase 80% of my bags are black/dark. Someone told me that I was a autumm/warmtone on the color palette? I really love to have a cornflower or mandarin colored bag but, it just doesn't flatter me at all!
If you can, definitely return...otherwise it'll just sit in your closet.

Yes Socal! I have the same problem! Most of my bags are black or dark colors. Whenever I search for a different color bag I feel that it's a waste of money because I feel that I won't be using that color often. So I always get black or a neutral color. A different color bag just looks better on somone else.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Fendi Spy. I absolutely love the look of the Spy in all the colors .... cognac, brown, black, petrol, honey, hologram, metallic gold/silver ..... I even ordered a honey Spy and carried it one night. I just didn't like the way it looked on me. I returned it. I was at a Fendi store a few weeks ago and tried on the hologram Spy. I almost bought it but when I looked at myself in the mirror it just didn't look right ... erm ... good ... on me that is. The bag ... gorgeous ... on me ... a train wreck. I am not giving up though. I'm hoping one of these days it will come in a color that makes it look good on me. *keeping fingers crossed*

I have "issues" with the spy as well...I love how it looks...and I wish I could carry it on my shoulder more effectively...it looks great when others do...

I loved the chamois edith and on me, it made me look even more washed out. I had been looking so forward to this bag for months and was totally heartbroken. But you know what, there will be another bag, in another color. Especially with B-bags! So I would return them if they don't work for you and wait for the special color that you do like on you.

I think the problem might actually be what you normally wear. If only certain colored bags look good on you, it may be because your clothing is a certain palette that compliments those particular colored bags....

I'm sure there are certain bags that don't look as good on me (based on my coloring) than other bags, but I still use them. I experiment a lot with clothing and colors and certain colors of clothing look better with certain bag accent colors. I will work my outfit around a specific bag. So, no, I don't think I've ever really had this problem....

SoCal - proceed with caution! I've seen the pics of your rouille and it is flawless. I have a feeling it will become one of those mythical bbags - you know like a seafoam. Think long and hard and try different outfits.

Shoegal...That is my "other" problem...it is a gorgeous bag and I do not want to have "return regrets"...I will try again today and see what happens...well, I have 30, no, 27 days to decide...

I went to NM NB yesterday to take a shopping "look" (look at other bags to see if there is another I would rather have)...nothing caught my eye in a "serious" way...will check out SCP in the next couple days...

I seem to enjoy the "quest"...

Thanks all!

Yep, that happens to everyone I think. I loved my ink twiggy, loved the leather, the color, everything about it. Except the size. I just could not get over it, no matter how hard I tried.

No reason to keep a bag that doesn't work for you. Sell or return it, and move on.