You like Logic Puzzles? Here are some for you!!

1. Here are some logic puzzles that I got out of a book that my LV RAOK buddy sent me! I have yet to get one right. How about you try? (I have the answers if you like) :tup:

1. Aunt Tabitha was extremely touchy about her age. When an impudent nephew was brave enough to ask her, she cunningly replied that she was 35 years old, not counting Saturdays or Sundays. How old was she?

2. It takes a motor boat 2 minutes to travel 2km when going with the current. When the boat is going against the current it takes 4 minutes. The current is always constant. How long would it take the boat to do the same journey in slack water, when there is no current at all?

3. Susie could not sleep. One night she went to bed at 10.15 and read her book. Three quarters of an hour later she put out her light and eventually drifted off. Sometime later a noise awoke her. Gazing at her alarm clock, she noticed that the hands were exactly overlapping. A little over fifteen minutes later she noticed that the digits on the radio alarm were the same. She dozed fitfully over the next four and a half hours before getting up for breakfast. What time was it when she got up?

4. If a pig weighs 30kg plus half its own weight, how much does it weigh?

5. The ages of a certain father and son are the same as the digits reversed. Nine years ago, the father was twice as old as the son. How old are they now?

6. A forgetful Gran was searching for presents for her two grandchildren. However she couldn't remember what sex the children were. "I know they aren't both boys" she said. If this is true, what is the probability that they are both girls?

7. A six-digit number with 4 at the end, becomes 4 times larger when the 4 is removed and put at the front. What is the number?

8. Divide 470 marbles between three boys so that Andrew gets 120 more than Bill who receives 70 more than Chris. How many does each boy receive?

9. There is a pack of cards numbered 1-60. If these cards are thoroughly shuffled, what is the likelihood that the first four cards dealt will be dealt in order of ascendancy?

10. Two fences need to be whitewashed. One is half the area of the other. A group of workmen spend half a day working on the large fence before splitting into two equally sized smaller groups, one of which starts work on the smaller fence. At the end of the day, the large fence has been done but there still remains a meter of the smaller fence to do. One of the lads from the second group returns the next day and it takes him all day to finish the job. If all the lads work at the same pace - how many lads are in the original group?

----------------------------

Enjoy!! :graucho:

2. I glanced over these but i don't have the brain power to try them. the grandmother one is either 1/2 or 1/3 i guess (they could be G,G or B,G or G,B)

3. 1.shes 49
    4.45?
    too sleepy to do the rest

4. I would love to know the answers, i'm never any good at these

5. I only got these answered so far, the rest will follow :yes:
    (answers in red)

6. 1. Aunt Tabitha was extremely touchy about her age. When an impudent nephew was brave enough to ask her, she cunningly replied that she was 35 years old, not counting Saturdays or Sundays. How old was she?
    44 or 45?

6. A forgetful Gran was searching for presents for her two grandchildren. However she couldn't remember what sex the children were. "I know they aren't both boys" she said. If this is true, what is the probability that they are both girls?
    1/3

8. Divide 470 marbles between three boys so that Andrew gets 120 more than Bill who receives 70 more than Chris. How many does each boy receive?
    Andrew=260, Bill=140, Chris=70

9. There is a pack of cards numbered 1-60. If these cards are thoroughly shuffled, what is the likelihood that the first four cards dealt will be dealt in order of ascendancy?
    57/11703240