You know what's awesome?

1. Getting a paid day off of work because of the weather.:tup:

BF had to drive from Central NJ to the Bronx today and is still having issues with that, I called him and gloated that its nice to work for a woman who is President of her company - she couldn't get out so she shut the entire company down for the day and stayed home.

I called and thanked her for giving me an entire day to browse TPF.:yahoo:

2. sooo jealous!

3. Ughh - so jealous!! None of my bosses are here b/c they all drive, but those of us who take public transportation have no excuse!

Enjoy your day off :smile:

4. enjoy the day off! i'm stuck at work till 9 tonight :sad:

5. My work day got cancelled at noon, so my afternoon is free to do the same thing! :tup:

6. I don't live in NJ, but I got the day off due to weather too!! My work was also shut down yesterday at 1pm, so I only had a half day yesterday. I have always hated winter, but now I am starting to reconsider!

7. When I taught I loved snow days. Now I live in AZ. Have a fun day.

8. Enjoy your free day, lucky ladies.
    Maybe slidegirlcass can make up another drink for us. How about something margarita-ish?

9. Hahaha, I do have a margarita recipe!

Incidentally I went in to work because BF refused to call in and I was home bored. My 13lb dog isn't a lot of fun when the snow is higher than he is! I went to "work" and ended up going sledding, having cocoa, and watching a movie with the kiddies.

I posted my favorite winter drink around here somewhere, a combo of bourbon, apple cider, pear liqueur, and ginger beer. I would say search for ginger beer and you'll find it.

Heres my margarita recipe though:

In the bottom of a tall glass, muddle 2 strawberries (stems and greens removed) with a pinch of salt.

Spoon the strawberry "mush" into the bottom of a rocks glass and fill with ice.

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add 3oz of Tequila, 1oz Tripe Sec, and the juice of one lime. Shake vigorously and strain into the rocks glass. Enjoy!

10. This is another good one if you have the time to do it.

First you have to make cranberry liqueur - its a lot of time, but doesnt take long. Essentially you boil a cranberries and sugar (I boil mine in cranberry juice instead of water) until they split, then cool the mixture. Dump it all in a large container - we use empty poland springs bottles, the gallon size - and add vodka. Its something like 3lbs of berries, 4 cups of sugar, 6 cups of vodka. Then you have to let it sit for 3 weeks, just shake it occasionally. At one point you add more sugar and let it rest again for a few days, then strain and bottle it. There are recipes out there for it if you are interested.

Ok.

After thats done (or you buy some from somewhere) then get yourself some champagne or prosecco and some vodka.

Add one tablespoon of cranberry liqueur to the bottom of the flute. Then add 1.5 oz (a shot) of vodka to the glass, trying not to disturb the liqueur. Fill with champagne (the bubbles will mix everything up nicely) and enjoy.