You Know what drives me MAD???

1. people that claim they love LV, or whatever, and pronounce the damn name wrong!! omgg...... that is such a peeve!~ :mad:

sure, everyone can say "vuitton" but "louis" itself is so incredibly hard?!~ i just don't get it..

LUIS is loo-is.
    LOUIS is loo-wee.
    LOUISE is loo-weeze

wth! they alllllllll pronounce it like Luis. my Luis Vuitton. okay.......

ok.. i just had to rant/vent. i can't be the only one that feels this way can i? lol.:angel:

2. i think it's funny and horrifying to hear people mispronounce it :lol:

it's one of my pet peeves too, but i've heard worse. i've heard people mispronouncing 'guerlain' and 'givenchy' and 'yves saint laurent'. like i said, it's funny and horrifying.

3. I know! I laughed out loud when I heard Tony Soprano call it "genuine Louis Voo-tone." It was perfectly true to his character, but funny.

4. My brother calls it Luis also cause he's making fun of my bad spending habit.

5. To be honest, I really don't care when other people mispronounce something... that's human.

6. Hmm, I've never heard anyone say Louis Luis or mispronounce YSL, etc.- but then again no one around here knows what YSL or Givenchy is.

7. its annoying but sometimes people just cant pronounce things right since it can be a language barrier. next time you hear it wrong, its prolly just best to correct them..some people make mistakes=/

8. Well, all I can say is that we're Americans, not French, so if it comes out goofy...oh well, so what.

9. actually if you listen to Kanye West's Golddigger song, you can hear him say 'Louis Vuitton' in the second line. you hear the S pretty clearly :roflmfao:

10. That's hilarious never thought about it until now.

11. It doesn't bother me at all. All I care and love is the bags.

12. Yes, I hate that too!!! please pronouce it correctly..and yes, Kanye does pronouce the S at the end!! yikes...I also hate it when people mispronouce YSL.

13. i always pronounce guerlain wrong. :shame: it's my favorite perfume house and in my head i can say it right, but my tounge trips over it. :smile: same with a lot of the french names on bags. i guess that four years of high school french didn't really do me any favors....YSL i'm ok with though.

for me it comes from hanging out in circles where those names aren't commonplace. i only read the words online. i could spell it for you but saying it? the wrong pronunciation is stuck in my head. i'm sure that's true for others too.