You know the part where the leather starts on the chain? Is this normal?

1. Okay so you know on the classic flaps if you look at the leather woven chain there is the part where it looks like this:

---- ----

Haha sorry I'm lazy to take a photo now. Anyway it's the part where it's sewn and SHOULD be tucked in under a hardware link. I noticed on my brand new Jumbo that one of the leathers was sticking out and not tucked in like the other side is. I myself squeezed it through a link so it lays flat but I know it will probably pop out again.

Is this normal on the flaps? That GST quality control thread got me thinking. I paid $2250 + tax for the Jumbo and there should not be anything wrong at all!!! :cursing: I don't think this is that big of a deal but still. Anyone else have this problem?
  2. I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but yes I noticed that it looks like there is a piece of hardware missing/lacking, a long part of leather is showing on the Chain..?? I just take it that it is a joining part of the leather, and I try to adjust the chain so that the it is hide inside the flap..

3. ^ I think we are talking about the same thing. I just try and stick it underneith another chain link but sometimes it pops back out. Anyone else know what we mean?
  4. I think you are referring to, as IceEarl stated, the place where it appears a link is missing on the strap. The leather touches where you would think a link should be. It is normal and I just arrange the strap so that part is on the inside of the flap.
  5. ^ Yeah that's what I did too hehe.
  6. I think if you search for bb10lue's thread, she has a pic showing the chain in exactly what we are talking about. :smile: