You guys are going to think I'm nuts!

1. Remember I mentioned my Damier Speedy was too saggy and I returned it? Well I must be nuts - and my wonderful SA Jonathan took it very well. I really missed it - the bag is so gorgeous. Anyway, I decided to take in my monogram speedy and get new handles and chads (I think that's what they're called) and I rebought the Damier Speedy and transferred all my stuff. They said it's going to be about 6 weeks, but my bag will look like new.

Has anyone else ever returned a bag and then decided they made a mistake and rebought it? I really like this bag - I think I'm going to get used to the little extra sagginess. He told me the stores are being told not to store the Damier Speedy bags flat anymore (like the monogram ones) because of the slight difference in the denisty of the fabric. They are also recommending storing with something in them when not in use -

I am happy again, silly, but happy.

2. Hehe, you're not silly - I'm glad you've decided for good !

Out of curiousity, how much was it to get the leather on your speedy redone ?

3. i think it's for this reason that i've never returned anything i bought from LV, because i'd be afraid i'd miss it so much that i'll end up buying it again :lol:!

yes, i was wondering this too, because i know eventually i'll be doing this to all my bags :rolleyes:

4. I'm glad you bought it back cos it's such a beauty!!!:yes:

5. woo hoo - you've got your TRUE love back!!! congrats!!! AND no way are you silly!!! enjoy ur Damier piece!!!

6. I bought and sold several cerises items only to rebuy them again.

Have you tried a purseket for your speedy? That is what I always used. And a piece of corrugated plastic cut the size of the bottom. No sag whatsoever.

7. It's good to be happy. I'm glad you got it back. Enjoy it!!!

8. congrats!!!

9. congrats again on getting your speedy back! you are too funny...hopefully you'll love it and cherish it for a long time!! I suggest you get a pursket and maybe a small piece or cardboard or plastic on the bottom will prevent any sagging whatsoever!

10. hey charleston mom, can i ask where you buy your lvs?

11. I did the same thing with the damier speedy 30!

12. Hi everyone - I just got back from moving my daughter into her dorm - thanks for all the nice replies! I buy my LVs at the boutique at the Southpark Mall in Charlotte, NC. For the girl who wondered about the price on the handles and chads - they quoted me $145.00 for new handles, the leather part that holds the handles on on each side and a new pull tag. The only thing that won't be brand new is the piping (which still looks pretty new anyway - I only bought the bag in February - I just have used it literally ever day! I think one tab won't be new. He said if you include all the tabs, it adds $200.00 on to the price. He said what you can do is the handles and chads and then if the difference in patina is too bad on that one last tab - you could send it back in and get just that one done - which is cheaper than doing all the leather on the whole bag. He was really nice about it. I still feel a little silly. I actually went to Bed Bath and Beyond - they have a thing called purse bright that I like better than the $30 purseket I bought. It is a little stiffer and stands up better - also has a lite. It has more pockets including one velcro pocket - which is nice. I think it holds the shape a little better. I put my porte tresor on the bottom right in the middle and now it doesn't sag at all - my agenda is in there too.

Thanks so much everyone! It sure helps to talk to people who understand what it is to return it and then miss it. I already love my new Speedy - and I'm glad because my other bag won't be back for 6 weeks.

Also, did you know that you can order bags (special) with different length straps? This is relatively new. I mentioned that I love the Cabas Piano but the strap isn't long enough. He said you could special order the same length as the Babylone! I thought that was pretty neat. I don't think that they do it on the regular handled bags though - wouldn't it be nice to have a Trouville with Speedy size handles?

Thanks again everyone!

13. No, you're not crazy. I once sold a pair of boots at the local second hand boutique, only to accidentally buy them again. :roflmfao:

I was obsessing for ages over getting a Viva Cite GM and an Epi Mabillon, and now i'm like "meh." I haven't used the Viva in weeks, and the epi mabillon doesn't hold nearly as much as I want it to, so I'm probably going to sell them. I bet you another LV bag, though, that once I sell them, I'm going to want them back!

14. Snorks!

I know exactly what you mean. I have a gorgeous Babylone - not a spot anywhere on the patina - just beautiful. I NEVER use it because it has the old leather lining and it is so heavy! I feel like I'm keeling over when I carry it. I haven't had the heart to sell it though because it is so beautiful - not a blemish anywhere on any of the leather - beautiful even honey colored patina. I just know if I sell it, I would be so sorry - but every time I use it I end up wishing I had my Speedy!

15. congrats! you're not the only one... i once bought a pair of pants, returned them, bought them again, and returned them again. lol. my bf thought i was nuts. unless you return them again... i wouldn't feel silly. :smile: