Yorkshire Terrier Club ... Yorkies' owners and lovers gather here!

ChanelGirlE: your Yorkie is sooo cute...
shoppingisme: my cutie doesnt like to stay in her bed, she loves to sleep w us (she is very clean). they are very friendly and prefer to be w you as much as they can.
i know the feeling....excited huh? when i got cutie, it was almost snow storm but i knew she rather be w me :graucho:
they are super cute

ChanelGirlE: your Yorkie is sooo cute...
shoppingisme: my cutie doesnt like to stay in her bed, she loves to sleep w us (she is very clean). they are very friendly and prefer to be w you as much as they can.
i know the feeling....excited huh? when i got cutie, it was almost snow storm but i knew she rather be w me :graucho:
they are super cute

how do you deal when you don't want her in the bed?
i've heard they can be winers and i'm a sucker for a cute face. :love:

but i don't want to spoil her as much as i really do want to spoil her - the reprecussions are not good! (i love my shoes too) i've heard horror stories!

so, i know i have to be careful there.

i'm so excited! i do have to get a dog seat for my car though before i pick her up.

i like this one:
yrke_carseat.gif

or this one - looks warm:
ImageViewer.aspx

how do you deal when you don't want her in the bed?
i've heard they can be winers and i'm a sucker for a cute face. :love:

but i don't want to spoil her as much as i really do want to spoil her - the reprecussions are not good! (i love my shoes too) i've heard horror stories!

so, i know i have to be careful there.

you have to be firm from the beginning if you don't want her in the bed. she WILL wine and cry, especially that first night. i found out the hard way, she cried and cried and cried til I gave in and now Coco is allowed on my bed. she usually goes to sleep in her own bed but finds her way on to mine by the morning! lol.

My Mooey sleeps in the bed with me, he is a snuggler. Oh and usually when we are just hanging out watching tv or something it is not good enough for him to just be sitting next to me or in my lap, he has to run up my body and laying on my chest. He is obsessed with being on me, lol, even when i put him down he just runs right back on top of me and soetimes he will take dangerous leaps, lol. Like jump on my knee then jump on my chest, lol. Is anyone elses yorkie that clingy?

This is my brother's dog, Zoe. She isn't a full Yorkie. She is supposed to be 3/4 Yorkie, 1/4 Maltese. But she's HUGE! I can't see how she could be so big and be 3/4 Yorkie. Do Yorkies ever get this big? She is about 13 pounds. I always say she's large and in charge! She loves to show off her belly and play with her toys and steal socks. We even have her on diet food and she isn't really losing any weight.

Attachments

• zoebelly040207.jpg
    zoebelly040207.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 175
My Mooey sleeps in the bed with me, he is a snuggler. Oh and usually when we are just hanging out watching tv or something it is not good enough for him to just be sitting next to me or in my lap, he has to run up my body and laying on my chest. He is obsessed with being on me, lol, even when i put him down he just runs right back on top of me and soetimes he will take dangerous leaps, lol. Like jump on my knee then jump on my chest, lol. Is anyone elses yorkie that clingy?

Mine too!! Even if I'm sitting behind my desk, studying or writing sth she gets up from bed and wants to jump and sit in my lap! I loooooooooooove that :love::love:

She's always in my lap!

This is my brother's dog, Zoe. She isn't a full Yorkie. She is supposed to be 3/4 Yorkie, 1/4 Maltese. But she's HUGE! I can't see how she could be so big and be 3/4 Yorkie. Do Yorkies ever get this big? She is about 13 pounds. I always say she's large and in charge! She loves to show off her belly and play with her toys and steal socks. We even have her on diet food and she isn't really losing any weight.

Zoe is very beautiful! Kali also steals socks, she steals whatever will get us to run after her:yes:

im getting a yorkie soon!:yahoo::yahoo:
i'm so excited, i feel like i want to cry.:crybaby:
i've wanted a yorkie for a while now.

she is 9 months old.
i have some books from the book store on yorkies, and read through them! but all of sudden i feel overwhelmed!

any ideas and tips for me?
1st time dog owner here.

should i buy her a bed and blanket now so it will be there when she comes home or wait until she's finally with me?
what's the first thing i need to do when i get her?
she's already had her shots, etc.
i want to feed her organic foods - anyone know of a good brand?
gosh, why am i so nervous? :s is this normal?:confused1:

Of course it is, but it will all be worth it! I am so glad that you decided to get a yorkie! They are so gorgeous and I love their personality!

When I got Kali, at first I wanted to train her to sleep on the floor, in her basket/bed. She would start sleeping there, but would jump on the bed during the night and wake me up in the morning. She likes to cuddle a lot in the morning, that is so cute!

In the end I gave up and put a special pillow on my bed just for her and she sleeps there. And I love sleeping next to her. She helps me fall asleep :smile:

I can't recommend you any brand of organic food since I'm in Europe and don't know anything about USA dog food.

That said, my Kali eats either Royal Canin, Eukanuba or Hill's, but I always have to mix it with chicken or some other meat or veg.

That is so exciting shoppingisme, a new dog! Remember a new house means you need to potty train all over again no matter how good the dog's training is. Take the dog to the potty spot every hour or so for the first couple of days until you know the dog's potty routine. This is human training as much as dog training! An awful lot of having a dog is humans learning the ropes!
I haven't done this but a positive training list I am on has mentioned this technique for the first week in a new home. Put the pup in a crate on your bed for the first night. You will hear him stirring and be able to take him out to potty if needed. If you need to sleep with the door open and your hand inside, fine. If that goes well move the crate away from the bed each night until pup is sleeping where you would like him to be. I love the idea and will use it next time.

No yorkie here but they are the best. My sister has a 15 year old one that is doing better than ever. Her coat never changed from baby black and tan and it is kept short so you would never know she was a senior citizen. She carries rocks the size of her skull and buries them. She fetches sticks from the river and adores swimming. She stops traffic because she loves everybody and rolls on her back for tummy scritches from her new best friends. She can out hike the humans. All that comes with a price, my sister doesn't have a lap dog. Oh well!