YIKES !!!...Beth Ditto's Gay Rant

Jan 23, 2006

enlarge.gif
Enlarge

30th May 2007

The Gossip singer Beth Ditto says gay men in the fashion industry are to blame for the worrying size zero trend.
Plus-sized Beth, who has posed naked for this month's cover of NME magazine, slammed homosexual designers for putting unrealistic pressure on women to be skinny.

Beth told the Music publication: "If there's anyone to blame for size zero, it's not women. Blame gay men who work in the fashion industry and want these women as dolls.
"Men don't know what it feels like to be a woman and be expected to look a particular way. The Beckhams are part of the machine,Paris Hilton is part of the machine.

"There's that thing Paris Hilton said about Lindsay Lohan, 'You're poor, ugly and fat.' It's always women who are victims."
The openly lesbian singer - who is 5ft and weighs around 15 stones (210lbs) - insists her supermodel pal Kate Moss understands what it's like for women to be persecuted for being large, and is not to blame for the alarming skinny trend.

She said: "I spent one night talking to Kate Moss and she said the most amazing things about bodies. I didn't think I was going to like her, but she said, 'Do you know what I hate, Beth? When people tell my big girlfriends, 'You have a beautiful face…' That's a really radical concept."
The 'Standing in the Way of Control' singer was named the coolest person in rock by NME last year, and has posed in her underwear for Vogue magazine.

femalefirst.uk

There´s a truth in what she is saying; the fashion designers are the ones who decide the sizes. The gay-aspect was unnecessary imo.