yet another pursket question

shihfan

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Hi guys... i know there has been so many pursket threads, but i couldnt find the answer to my Q thru search... so maybe u pursket owners can help me out with this one.
This wkn my friend and i got bored and made our own pursket for my speedy 30. I didnt really know what goes inside the pursket to make it "stand up", so i stuck some cardboard in. It turned out looking pretty good and i was proud! it lined the size of speedy 30 perfectly and it was indeed organized!
but when i started using it, i noticed it tended to fall towards the middle instead of standing and sticking to the sides of bag -> therefore the sides of speedy still can collapse when i use it. Do all of u that have purskets have this problem too? How do u guys fix it? and what do u think is the material inside the manufactured purskets that makes it "stand up" and stick to the walls of purse?
and, anyone else made there own pursket here? :rolleyes:

I'm not quite sure what's inside the purseket, but it's more flexible and "springy" than cardboard, so I suppose that's where your problem lies, I'm with alvie, post pic's:smile:

ok guys im embarrassed to show my ghetto homemade pursket.... im not exactly a crafts person. I picked black bc i didnt want the color to be too busy as the speedy is already monogramed... but now i realized that black makes it too dark to see inside, next time i would use lighter color. I used these iron-on tapes called stitch witchery, basically so u dont need to sew. And to make it stand up i put cardboard inside for the backboard. Please if you ladies have some ideas on how to prevent it from collapsing centrally inside speedy, let me know!=)

Attachments

• pursket.JPG
    pursket.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 165
Cool... but I guess this doesn't solve the OP's issue, which is wanting to keep her items around the side of her speedy instead of in the middle?

No, but I think if she 'borrows' the bagmate's rigid bottom and constructs something similar for her own organizer, it may help with keeping the items from falling to the middle?

That looks really good! :nuts: I have a purseket. It fits perfectly in a circle in my speedy 25. When I put it in my larger bags, it does fall to the middle. Not sure if your purseket fits perfectly in a circle around the inside of your speedy, but you could always just put a little velcro on the edges to close up the circle and it should keep its shape.

ok guys im embarrassed to show my ghetto homemade pursket.... im not exactly a crafts person. I picked black bc i didnt want the color to be too busy as the speedy is already monogramed... but now i realized that black makes it too dark to see inside, next time i would use lighter color. I used these iron-on tapes called stitch witchery, basically so u dont need to sew. And to make it stand up i put cardboard inside for the backboard. Please if you ladies have some ideas on how to prevent it from collapsing centrally inside speedy, let me know!=)

I just made one and I use two thicknesses of a sorta gray felt interfacing...got it in the bargin bin and thought it to be sturdy enough to make my organizer. It worked but next time i may try one layer and see how it goes
Ohh , i did black and cant see it in my purse...
what type of material do you think is best to use for your purse organizer?...I was thinking something that doesn't collect dust.