yes...its here, my new paddy...but...

You could also try an open box of arm and hammer baking soda pads (for in the fridge, they are new, looks like a stack of dryer towels) in a sealed bag should help,.

thanks ladies,

cat_uk;- i think ive come to terms with the peeling and it great to know that the metal ware does vary in colour, but i think the bronzer look, looks better with the choco?

bellacherie:- thanks for the tip, i washed out the lining and have treated the bag, put some chocolate shoe polish on the corners and it smells much better, the TLC has revived it.

ali w & ReRe;- i have got some dryer sheets all ready to use when the bags lining is completely dry. i have also ordered so smell remover from lovinmybags.com!

im looking at the bag now after coming in from a night shift in the hospital and keep thinking, what a beautiful bag!!!

you can tell im an addict for tpf if the first thing i do after working all night is sit on the computer with a cup of tea!!!:nuts:

Bad*mad*bags - I think this might be brun/tobacco, not chocolat... depending on which photo more accurately reflects the real colour, of course!

Chocolat has a very deep reddish undertone - while you can't see any red in the colour itself, it's not a flat "cold" brown as some of your photos show. I don't really know how best to describe it; with chocolat, if you diluted it until the colour changed, the run off would be a reddish brown... with brun or tobacco, the colour would stay resolutely tree-bark brown!

Actually, now that I have a closer, it probably is chocolat LOL

I think you should file an "item significantly not as described" complaint - the seller's description varies vastly from what you received (the smell is unforgivable!). While you only paid 200 pounds for it, it certainly was not used only once, and, as you say, the wear was never mentioned. You bought it in good faith and based on the seller's description - doesn't matter how cheap it was, she lied!

thankyou i_wona,
i have been looking in the reference thread at the colours, it has a slight red undertone, however not as much as the 05 chocolate, but its identical to the 06 chocolate which is a bit more browner!
i have filled a claim and she said that she will partially refund me so the bag is now even cheaper!
bargin or what.!!
the bag is now only £125 (OMG) and i have cleaned it up to look beautiful, and its not smelling half bad now!

thankyou i_wona,
i have been looking in the reference thread at the colours, it has a slight red undertone, however not as much as the 05 chocolate, but its identical to the 06 chocolate which is a bit more browner!
i have filled a claim and she said that she will partially refund me so the bag is now even cheaper!
bargin or what.!!
the bag is now only £125 (OMG) and i have cleaned it up to look beautiful, and its not smelling half bad now!

OMG what a bargin, this bag just gets better and better!

Bad*mad*bags - I think this might be brun/tobacco, not chocolat... depending on which photo more accurately reflects the real colour, of course!

Chocolat has a very deep reddish undertone - while you can't see any red in the colour itself, it's not a flat "cold" brown as some of your photos show. I don't really know how best to describe it; with chocolat, if you diluted it until the colour changed, the run off would be a reddish brown... with brun or tobacco, the colour would stay resolutely tree-bark brown!
I was wondering whether my bag was chocolat or brun, I kept checking the color samples on the reference thread and I find it very difficult to see the difference between the darker 06 chocolat and the brun. Has the 06 chocolat the same reddish undertone? I can see that red clearly in the 05 chocolat, but with the 06? My paddy is also from 06, really dark brown, but misses the reddish undertones...:confused1:

brigitte0810;- after much research i have noticed that the 05 chocolate is much reder than the 06 chocolate. it still has a slight red apperence in some lights but is more brown.
i was looking through the reference thread and my bag is the same colour as hmwe46 chocolate bag!
is yours the same?
post a picture if you like and ill see if i can see what it is?

thankyou i_wona,
bargin or what.!!

OMG what a bargain. I so want a chocolate paddy :drool: Glad to help before:heart:

Thanks bad*mad*bags, could you post the linkt to hmwe's bag? I can try to post pics but not before Monday!
yes.gif