Yer Killin' Me Stinky!

Just had the update on Big Guy:

He is 14 pounds, 2 ounces of tom cat. Still neg. for FeLv (YAYYYYYYY)
It appears that he had an abscess on the bad leg that burst recently. They think they can clean it out under sedation since he is pretty loopy and compliant. He will get a shot of convenia, 3-year rabies, and resp. virus shots.
I will pick him up this afternoon in case they have to give him anesth. but things are looking good for my boy.

happy dancin’ time!!!!! :happydance:

:party: :party: :party:

Just had the update on Big Guy:

He is 14 pounds, 2 ounces of tom cat. Still neg. for FeLv (YAYYYYYYY)
It appears that he had an abscess on the bad leg that burst recently. They think they can clean it out under sedation since he is pretty loopy and compliant. He will get a shot of convenia, 3-year rabies, and resp. virus shots.
I will pick him up this afternoon in case they have to give him anesth. but things are looking good for my boy.

happy dancin’ time!!!!! :happydance:

:party: :party: :party:

Woooooooo Hoooooo! :yahoo: Chikkin dinner on the kitchen floor :yahoo: hmm, or Fort Feral. Will you keep him in at Stinkums Manor for a few days *cough* forever *cough* or will he go straight back out to Sissy and Mama? Ruben said to tell him life indoors (as he nibbles on some cooked chikkin from the comfort of his bed) is Teh Best Thing EBER!
I am so, so happy with this update. YAY!

Woooooooo Hoooooo! :yahoo: Chikkin dinner on the kitchen floor :yahoo: hmm, or Fort Feral. Will you keep him in at Stinkums Manor for a few days *cough* forever *cough* or will he go straight back out to Sissy and Mama? Ruben said to tell him life indoors (as he nibbles on some cooked chikkin from the comfort of his bed) is Teh Best Thing EBER!
I am so, so happy with this update. YAY!
I think I'll keep him in for tonite at the least, but I might let the inside guys have access to the bathroom recovery area since I know he only has the FIV. We are still very warm around here, so unless he has issues from his treatment, I should probably let him back out to be with his girls. The inside old ladies may not be as smitten with him as the kittens are, and I don't know what Mr. Kitty will think since he never knew Big Guy when he was also a wild thing.

I think he wants to move inside and tried a few times last winter to come in as I was going out. Mama Kitty is the main road block right now. Sissy is letting me have more pets, so she may eventually let me pick her up. Mama is so closely bonded with him and has been kind of sad out back waiting for him to come home. I wish I could afford to put cat rails inside my fence and coyote rollers on the outside so they could be confined to the safety of my yard.

will they get his peanuts while they have him?
He lost them almost 2 years ago when I did him, Unkle Trix, the mama's and all the kittens. I think I spent most of Spring 2015 down at the TNR getting cats nipped and tipped. I've been able to hold him for almost a year now, and I'm sure he would like to be more of an inside guy than outside in the winter months. He really enjoyed porch sitting when I would wrap my jacket around him to keep us warm.

Reactions: clevercat
How is Big Guy getting on, @cats n bags ?
It's been freeeeezzzzing cold here, and I'm just back in from porch-sitting with Doris. Wrapped her up in my fluffy robe and thought of you and Stinkums Manor...
I think my boy is ready to go back home to his girls today. He has a lip balm sized scab on his leg where the abscess was, but it all looked pretty good yesterday. I'll check it again this morning to make sure everything is still healing nicely, but he should be clear of any leftover pain meds and effects from his vaccinations. I think he would like to stay inside, but some of my inside cats are a bit nervous with him here, and I know Mama misses him a lot.

We are only cold at night, and their water bowl still has not frozen. I spent yesterday watering my yard because there has been no free water since Oct. 1st. This is one of the times I'm glad I don't have a sprinkler system and can water anytime as long as I unhook the hoses when I'm done.

Reactions: Jasmyn
The family has been reunited! :yahoo:

Big Guy didn't take off, but got busy sniffing all around their garden spot. Mama came around the house flyin' her little tail flag and wanting to hug him. He was a little grumpy at first, but she ignored him. Sissy came out of the fort a bit later and tried to rub on the grumpy guy too. He is walking well, but within the hour he was across the street pooping in their yard. He was good about running back to me after he let the neighbors know he was back, so I put him in the back yard with some treats. I hope he will stay out of trouble and keep to our yard. They have plenty of cat stuff to talk about and there is no reason to be across the street causing troubles.

Reactions: poopsie and Jasmyn
I guess BG (Big Goof) is feeling better. Yesterday it was 80 and sunny, today we have snow falling and temps expected to drop into the 20's. I let them have dinner a little early because it was cold and wet out there, but when I went to see if they ate, I saw the goofball playing out in the snow chasing leaves, shadows, and whatever else his little mind saw out in the flakiness. The girls appear to be much smarter, and I think they had some dinner and scrambled back to the fort to get warmed back up again. Some people's kids....:rolleyes: