Yep, it's official...

1. I am nuts. Let me tell you why.

So, yesterday I had to take my mother to the ER. Nothing too crazy just some abdominal pain that we wanted to get checked out. I was literally there from 10:30am to 4:30pm. BTW: I HATE hospitals. Just walking into one is enough to give me an anxiety attack. But, I love my mother so I endured. I even sat in the room with her while they hooked up an IV and started injecting stuff into it. Side note: I HATE needles. Okay, so I definitely prooved my mettle yesterday by enduring BOTH for a VERY LONG time. I ended up leaving work that day to drive her in which meant I had my brand new Fushcia Denim Neo Speedy - having been living out of this bag since purchasing it.

This morning as I am getting dressed for work the very thought of carrying my Fuschia is making me nauseous. I think I equate that feeling yesterday of being in the hospital with the bag. So I switched out and grabbed my Mono Speedy 30 and felt much better. Anyone else have a mildly traumatic experience while carrying a bag and in turn end up not being able to fully enjoy carrying the bag?

Hopefully, I am just overracting and still getting over the whole hospital visit thing. For those of you interested - we still don't know what's up with the abdominal pain and more tests have been scheduled for Wednesday. Please, keep us in your thoughts.

2. i am so sorry to hear about your mom....i hope she's all right.... and i'm sorry about your experience at ER, i get like that too --- i try to avoid hospitals and Dr.s as much as i can!!!

when my mom got hit by a truck and broke her back (3 of them towards her neck.....she was on a bike, she's not the same as she was before, unfortunatelly....) i had to go back to japan to take care of her - 2-3 years ago..... i took my new (then) Cite MM.....i spent so much time with it at the hospital. after i came back to the US and i just couldn't use it or looking at it anymore.
    i ended up giving it away to my friend ----
    i miss the bag, but too much of bad memories.....

so i totally understand what you're saying!!!! i hope your mom is ok!!

3. Thanks for the support. I am really sorry to hear about your experience. It was so good of you to fly home and take care of her.

4. Sorry to hear that... I've had this experience with clothes, stuff I wore during exams, or bad dates (LOL)... but not with bags so far.

5. For some reason the outfit I was wearing doesn't seem to bother me so much. I think it was because the whole time I had my bag in my lap. So, everytime I cringed or looked away I was staring at my bag.

6. Lisa and Sophia - Im so sorry about both your moms. It must have been stressful for the both of you.

I hope they figure out what is causing the pain. Waiting is ER is definitely not fun. :sad: I think the long wait makes it a lot harder since you dont know what to expect. Hope your mom gets better!

7. It seems your uneasy feelings have been projected onto the bag so you associate it with those feelings... So I guess a psychologist might say to re-program your relationship or something? Associate something positive with it? Or just give it a rest for now?

8. give the bag a break, if you still feel the same way in about a month or so then...well, itll be time for some reshaping and we can help you get over that fear by just forcing yourself to be around the bag in a nice and comfortable setting so essentailly you relearn how to be happy with the bag

9. Lisa - dont feel too bad about the bag. You can give it a rest for a couple of months and see how you feel then.

10. No advice about the bag, but I am sending healing vibes to you and your family!

11. Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your comments.

I agree - a break from carrying her is definitely called for.

12. Lisa, I hope your mom is fine now..

13. She is still not feeling 100%. She has some out patient tests to complete on Wednesday. So hopefully we will have a better idea of what we are dealing with then. Thanks for you concern - it's appreciated.

14. LisaG719... Sending healing vibes your way... Hope your mom feels better especially since Mother's Day is around the corner.

I don't have anything to bad to share about LV.

15. Thanks pinki682.... this certainly wasn't the most opportune time to be dealing with an illness. Hopefully everything will be all cleared up so that she can enjoy her mother's day weekend to it's full extent.