Yeast Infection

1. Okay, first of all. I am not a new member or a troll...I have about 1000 posts so I am doing this for privacy purposes..

Anyway...I think I have a yeast infection..but I'm not 100% sure. I don't really want to go to the docs, and I this is a really bad week to try to squeeze in an appointment anyway. So I have the discharge, a little bit of burning, and there was a little bit (and I mean a tiny bit) of blood the other day while know (which I read can happen from yeast infections or a boat load of other things.) I haven't been having sex anytime recently so I dont think its any kind of STD. But I don't really have any kind of beyond normal itching...does a yeast infection HAVE to itch? Or does it not itch right away and will itch later? (I just noticed the discharge like 2 or 3 hours ago)
  2. You MUST go to a doctor asap.

Maybe this site will help. It does take a lighter approach but is pretty informative.

But I agree w/Cal, you need to go to a doctor. Even if you can't get an appointment with your regular doc you could go to Redi-Med or Urgent Care. That way you could schedule it around what you have going on.
  4. I second what the others have said! See somebody to establish the exact cause of this and prescribe the right course of treatment. I'm pretty sure that there are a number of meds you can take that'll clear this right up, but please don't attempt to self-diagnose & medicate. Seeing a doctor is never fun, but it is ultimately the fastest way to get treatment and peace of mind! Take care.
  5. If you've never had any type of vaginal infection in the past, see a doctor. Not all vaginal infections are caused by yeast. Over the counter yeast infection medications are only for people who have had yeast infections in the past and recognize the symptoms.
    However, there is a test you can buy now that will tell you if you have a yeast infection or not. It might be worth trying if you can't get to the doc right away.
  6. Try to find a womens clinic. The sooner you treat this, the better.
  7. Don't have these things wait especially if it is for that area. Squeeze in a doctor immediately.
  8. I agree with the others, go to the doctor. It maybe yeast, hormonal, or a different type of infection. Besides, if it is yeast, you don't want the itching to start, it is very uncomfortable!
  9. Go to a doctor. Now. It's not going to get better, it's only going to get worse, and it can get more complicated or spread to other parts in your body. If you are a little worried or shy about this situation with the doctors, trust me, they have seen and heard it all, it's nothing new. But you really should get this taken care of, it's urgent, and it might not even be a yeast infection, it could be something with your bladder, UTI, kidneys, it could be many things.
    Get well!
  10. Every yeast infection I've had has itched, and I mean REALLY itched. However, I've had other infections that had some burning or pressure or blood in urine and they required antibiotics. Just try to get to the doctor. If that's the case I don't think it'll go away on its own. In fact, I used to constantly get yeast infections until I took some prescription antifungal stuff. That was 10 years ago and I haven't had one since.