WWYD? Love the style, not the color

1. I purchased a Truffle Work earlier this year on sale. Great price. I have used it a couple of times and while I love the Work, I'm not in love with the color. I've had her tucked away while deciding what to do.

At the same time, I am in love with the price I paid. I should probably sell this one and buy one in a color I love BUT I am planning on buying a Day and really cannot justify those 2 purchases.

I'm thinking I will buy a Day for now, since I know I can wear it over a winter coat. Maybe by next Spring I will have made a decision about my Work.

Just curious to see if anyone else has ever been in the situation and what would you do.

2. If you're in love with the price you paid, sounds like you got a bargain. Why not see if you can sell it for enough to cover the purchase of the Day? (Day's are usually cheaper than works, right? especially on Diabro, they're really marked down.)

Then you can also buy a work in a colour you love, because the Day purchase was paid for by selling the truffle work ... so it's really only one new purchase .... sneaky huh :smile:
  3. I've had the similar situation with my 06 Truffle City.

I got mine below retail back in 06, and this is the only bag that I wasn't in love with it when I bought it. It was the price that attracted me the most, I suppose, and the leather was less than desirable at the time.
    I used the Cetaphil on it, which did wonders on the bag...... Since then, more I used it, more I began to really like the color. The thing is, the color looks the best after the bag takes a lot of beating...IMHO.
    I thought the color was very "blah" when I first got it, but now I actually love how vintagey it is. I think this is one of those colors that isn't striking at first, but is a color you'll grow to love:yes: Keep using it, and wait until Spring to make the decision!

Here's my baby:heart:

4. I agree...my F/W 06 Truffle Twiggy was the same way at first. After applying LMB's Ultimate Moisturizer and using it a few weeks, the color got so much richer and the leather has softened and thickened. Truffle is a great fall color!
  5. tooshies, your truffle is :drool:

Mine does not look like that at all. Here's a picture but note that it looks darker in the picture.
    Library - 926.jpg
  6. It looks darker in the picture? Wow...that almost looks like Caramel. I've never seen one that light.
  7. I'm pretty sure it's Truffle! Could it be Caramel? How would I find out?? :confused1:
  8. Can you post a couple of larger photos?
  9. Here's my Truffle compared to my Caramel...
  10. Debsmith, I have a new Apple so I'm still figuring out how to download pics, etc...

I'm pretty certain mine is a Truffle. I have seen other Truffles in the store and it's the same color as mine. Mine is no where as light as your Caramel.

So I have to decide, should I keep the Truffle and moisturizer it or try to sell it and buy one in a different color.

Thanks guys!
  11. JUDIEH: if your bag is an A/W 2006 truffle, then I understand your dilemna. I have a truffle Day from that season and I call the color "baby poop" brown.:p It's a nice neutral color, but yes, it doesn't pop. My truffle Day goes perfectly with my camel winter coat, whch is why it's still in my collection.
  12. esiders, I just posted in the Work thread, but I checked and it is an A/W 06 bag.

So now what? :crybaby:
  13. Sell it. If the color is not you, then you've got to let it go. :sad:
  14. You're right, I should sell it. I'm not using it.

Anyone interested?? Just kidding, I know that is not allowed. I wish I would get access to the MP. Oh well.

Thanks for the advice and help everyone!

15. Good idea, sell it! If you don't love it now, I doubt you will later.