Wrong Shot?!?!

1. This is going to be a rant so please bear with me.

Anyway, I went to my doctor today for my annual 'wellness' check-up. She recommended I get my flu shot and I just nodded. After it was given to me, I went to the lab were they drew blood from me. I was ready to leave until the nurse stopped me and asked me a few more questions... She apologized because she said she sould've asked me this earlier...(DUH) When I was home finally, I received a call from the same nurse saying she gave me the wrong shot!!!! :wtf: I freaked out and I asked her why and how she made the mistake. She said she overlooked my chart and got the wrong order(I'm thinking...order from my doctor, right?), and that it was no biggie because it was a preventive pneumonia shot that was given to me. Basically, I got two preventive shots. I went back to the clinic and got my other shot..still furious, mind you! I don't mind the drive since I live 5 minutes away. Now I'm just pissed because not only did she made a mistake, my right arm is sore like a B8tch!(the one were she gave me the stupid pneumonia shot):cursing:

It's so scay how they make mistakes like this. :shrugs: And I'll definitely ask them to double check what they're injecting me the next time I go there..
  2. wow...that is so scary! so many things could have gone wrong, thankfully you just got a preventitive shot.
  3. You're not alone, Mags. Long story short, I was told to get a shot in the ER of a local hospital. the nurse gets the syringe ready and I asked her about interactions, side effects, etc. THEN she went to my chart as well as the meds info. Turned out because of a different shot I'd recently had, I wasn't supposed to get this shot! So, unlike you, I didn't get the shot but why don't they go thru the protocol beforehand?

The ultimate insult resulting from their incompetence is that they tried to collect the bill for a shot I never received, no matter how many times I called to explain what happened. It took 2 years befor they got their records straight--no wonder they can't give injections correctly.

You have to be on top of things every second, don't you?!!
  4. I know!! It's horrible. I think I might check on whether or not they'll bill me for that first shot. :shrugs:
  5. So sorry that happened to you..I'm glad at least it was just a preventitive shot though :sad:
  6. Ouch . . . I'm a nurse, and I've made a couple med errors in my time, and they always make me feel like I'm going to throw up. So anxious and guilty! I'm so sorry this happened to you, and glad it wasn't a serious mixup (as in harmful to you).