wrong bag billed to friend-she wants to keep

I suppose the ethically correct answer would be to inform the store, but I've done this in the past and you would not BELIEVE the hassle it is to try to give them more money! Seriously, you think they would take you at your word and take your money, but it is a biggel hassle than getting your money back!

So when it has happened to me since then, I regard it as a happy error and don't contact the store. And I don't feel at all guilty.

It's happened to me several times with an extra item of clothing or twice I've been given extra $100's back from the bank. I've given them back-but the older I get the less likely I am to do it-employees need to be more careful. Most of them don't seem to eager to do the job well.:confused1:

I would feel like I was stealing something and would call the company. They might just tell her to keep the bag and not pay the difference if it was more expensive. It does not sound like it was a cheaper bag because if it was one would want their money back if they over paid for the bag. Also the SA that made the mistake could get in trouble and this would also bother me.
Does your friend feel she has to do anything???

I'd offer to pay the difference to the store. If she wasn't having a twinge of guilt she wouldn't have asked what to do, and guilt ain't good. That gnawing feeling in your stomach? Yuk.

Plus,her clear conscience will allow her to summon up all the righteous anger in the world next time she's overcharged.

Yes, your friend has a bag that she did not pay for. If the store sent a less expensive bag and she liked it more, she'd probably ask for the difference to be credited to her card. So in this situation, she should call and offer to pay the differenence.

I know I am evil when I say this - but I would keep it - but that's just me.

But if you have a guilty conscience then you can confess and tell them you now want the bag and charge you for the difference...

So the question is - whether she wants to fess up to it? I think she sort of have a determined answer in her head already - maybe she wanted to have someone to agree with her that her decision is correct...

But lucky gal - I never get breaks like this for bags - I did once when I got 2 of the same order for books - but never for bags lol!

THANKS for the input-i think she pretty much is going to keep it and not tell.
She said if it was a small business, her conscious would get the better of her but since it is a major dept-
(ps.) she has had hassles in past over overcharging on something she recieved and simply said maybe its her time..........This would probably never happen again in a million years.