Wrinkles on the base of Reissue 227 '06???

tweetie: calgary? hehe a pleasure to meet you too ! I always call calgary chanel to bug them about things we dont have here in Vancouver.

Melisande: So I've called all the boutiques pretty much, Toronto has ONE its on hold for me. Should I ask her to transfer it or call my SA tomorrow and talk to her first? Or should I just get a different bag??!! (the vintage square in offwhite for about 200 more???)

I'd just do the transfer right away, if you can, since it's pretty clear that you'll want to exchange the bag (I can't imagine the Toronto bag being worse!).

Re: changing to another bag. That's entirely up to you, of course, but I'd check out the other reissue (the Toronto one) before making up my mind firmly. I love the reissue more than the vintage square, myself, but they are both lovely bags!

Ok I've call the Chanel@ Holts in TO. She said she'll have it transferred over. Phew so much trouble I hope I can sleep Ok tonight lol....

I forgot to ask how long it takes, has anyone done within Canada transfers? How long does it take? I hope its less than 5 days or I will run out of patience and get another bag!

Oof, yeah, I'd exchange that. I'm sorry you got a less-than-perfect bag!!

So, I have always wondered...if you ABSOLUTELY want a certain style, and the only bag available for sale in the system has a little flaw in it but you're willing to overlook the flaw because you must have the bag, will Chanel let you haggle on the price? I've done this before at various stores where if it's the very last item in stock but it's slightly damaged, I'll ask if they'd give me a discount on it. Some do offer a discount, some won't. Sometimes, I'll buy the item at a discount if I think it's worth it and fix or clean it at home. Fortunately, I've never bought imperfect merchandise from Chanel yet, so I haven't dealt with this situation...

Yorelica said:
tweetie: calgary? hehe a pleasure to meet you too ! I always call calgary chanel to bug them about things we dont have here in Vancouver.

I can't imagine the TO one being worse than the one you got - I like the shape better of the 227, and I think since that's your gut first choice when you made the purchase, I think you'll be happier with that than the square.

Wow, I'm surprised that Calgary gets stuff that Van doesn't have! I always love shopping in Van...everything from Robson to Broadway to Yaletown's cutesy stores are awesome :smile: Love Vancouver :heart:

I called my SA today and she is such a doll. She called the TO location to confirm the transfer and said it would be in Friday! She also told me she'll keep an eye on the vintage square bags (if its the 2nd last one she'll put the brand new one aside for me) so that when I come Friday I can choose between the two! Im sooo relieved.

I feel happy again lol. Anyhow I think I will bring some chocolates to her on Friday because shes so helpful *yah* :smile:

Thank you everyone for your input and encouraging me to do the exchange because without you guys I would know what to do ! Plus I really needed the assurance that there was something wrong with my bag since my own opinion is not always adequate. hehe

i'm glad you will be able to exchange that bag! yay!!
the wrinkling is definitely unusual. my reissue comes a bit into a v-shape but it is very smooth on the bottom. chanel should really retire that bag since it has quality issues.
hope your SA likes the chocolates! a good SA is definitely a keeper!

You know what? I think this bag looks like it got wet. Leather will wrinkle like that sometimes if it is exposed to wetness for a while...That would also explain the discoloration you see.. Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do to correct it at this stage - sorry!

Pursegal: you know I think you might just be right! I dont know what happened but I think something happen to that bag. (maybe it was returned?) It looks new but the person who handled it previously was not taking care of it.

So my transfer is here! I got my exchange done - new bag is perfect :smile: Nice base, nice colors, no excessive wrinkles! Yahhh! So happy I can sleep now!
Oh FYI they are not retiring the bag.... apparently they don't think its an issue at all...

Again thanks everyone for your support!

Yorelica said:
Pursegal: you know I think you might just be right! I dont know what happened but I think something happen to that bag. (maybe it was returned?) It looks new but the person who handled it previously was not taking care of it.

So my transfer is here! I got my exchange done - new bag is perfect :smile: Nice base, nice colors, no excessive wrinkles! Yahhh! So happy I can sleep now!
Oh FYI they are not retiring the bag.... apparently they don't think its an issue at all...

Again thanks everyone for your support!

NO S#($!! They tried selling that sucker to me..... thank goodness I realized it before it was too late!!