wow just wow: 1300 pound man :( yes photo..

That's officially known as "morbid obesity."

I remember a story a couple of years back, an ambulance responded to a call of an asthma attack to find a woman in her 40's, about 1,000 lbs, and she was FUSED to the couch. Her skin literally grew into the fabric. (She later died.)

She had not gotten up in YEARS. Do you know what that means? It means she didn't get up to go to the bathroom. Or shower. And she had a family, an entire family of people who were enabling her. Apparently, she broke her ankle, and she just never got up after that.
The paramedics said it stunk to high hell.

How does a family allow that to happen?

That's officially known as "morbid obesity."

I remember a story a couple of years back, an ambulance responded to a call of an asthma attack to find a woman in her 40's, about 1,000 lbs, and she was FUSED to the couch. Her skin literally grew into the fabric. (She later died.)

She had not gotten up in YEARS. Do you know what that means? It means she didn't get up to go to the bathroom. Or shower. And she had a family, an entire family of people who were enabling her. Apparently, she broke her ankle, and she just never got up after that.
The paramedics said it stunk to high hell.

How does a family allow that to happen?

wasn't that the woman who premiered on the 3rd season of Nip/Tuck? I know that they use real stories on that show, and this sounds like her. I couldn't imagine pretty much having my family become like that. I hope this guy gets some help. :yes:

thats pathetic that somebody would let themselves get that big, i see huge people all the time at the local wal*mart using the motorized wheel chairs, theyre so huge their butts stick off the damn seat, i dont feel one bit sorry for them

wasn't that the woman who premiered on the 3rd season of Nip/Tuck? I know that they use real stories on that show, and this sounds like her. I couldn't imagine pretty much having my family become like that. I hope this guy gets some help. :yes:

Ok I was wrong, I found the story, she only weighed 480lbs. She was 'depicted' on nip/tuck but that wasn't actually her.

Gayle Laverne Grinds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://ubersite.com/m/41554

Which makes the 1300lb guy above even MORE amazing, since he weighs almost THREE TIMES as much and he's at least attempting to DO something about it.

thats pathetic that somebody would let themselves get that big, i see huge people all the time at the local wal*mart using the motorized wheel chairs, theyre so huge their butts stick off the damn seat, i dont feel one bit sorry for them

You need to understand something: When someone is so big they can't get out of bed, there is SOMEONE ELSE enabling them, someone who is cooking for them and bringing that food to them.
There's also something medically wrong with them, because normal people just can't eat that much. Its a brain imbalance.

Thats the hard part about being that fat because most people think with that attitude, "why don't they exercise some self-control and stop eating?"

Being fat is the one thing you're supposed to be able to have self-control over, which is why no one has sympathy for fat people.
And yeah most of the time that's true, but this guy is a medical abnormality.

they can consume less calories a day, and after a month, heck even a week, they will notice weight loss.

BOING~! Gee, why didn't I think of that?:smash:

Not that I'm making excuses for the poor guy, but he obviously has problems way beyond eating. You think Nicole Richie can solve her problem by eating a burger? If there was no K-fed, britney would still find some other trailer-trash redneck to get her knocked up.

Do you see? It's not the food.