Wow Coach sighting overload.

THis is why I stopped buying their signature stuff that EVERYONE has (patchwork, etc) and started buying just the leather bags. I have found that if you buy the bags that go for 600 or more, quite a few less people will have them.

Its sad that I had to start doing that, but I was getting SO TIRED of having the same bag as everybody else!! LOL

Pursefanatic85 said:
Yeah, I was at my mall yesterday & mostly every female between the ages of 16 to 40 had one. They're too overexposed!!! Alot are fakes though, I see lots of the fake holiday patchworks w/ one side signature & the other patchwork. Horrible!!! I didn't see but maybe 2 or 3 LVs.
the ONLY designer bag i saw in the peasant lane mall in NH was COACh, from patchwork to the little cosmetic pouches to the siggies, but i was the only with the longchamp tote:rolleyes: .

ilikepenguins said:
Oh YEAHHHH definitely. I'm from SI too! (Tottenville) It seems like everyone has either Coach and/or fake LV...everywhere....bah!
Cool, I'm from New Dorp. Its getting really bad, I go to Mrs. Rosemarys and girls bring their fakes there along with their dance stuff- I'm like do you seriously need to bring your ugly bags to DANCING SCHOOL?

This girl I know has an (as far as I know) authentic black signature tote (similar to this tote on ebay), but the other day I saw her carrying this attrocious creme colored "signature" small hobo. Wrong "leather" placement in the corners, no color Coach has ever made in a hobo, and it had the worst of the worst factor: signature G's.

I know for a fact there is no way in hell she could ever afford that tote, but she said somebody saved for it and bought it for her. As for the Goach, I'm sorry. There is no excuse when you have a lovely authentic bag to carry such a bad fake. I don't understand that at all.

Seeing Coach bags everywhere is no big surprise. I probably see nearly fifty in two hours when I am out and about. And they aren't all fake.
Although I wanted to kind of touch on something someone else said about Coach not really being as well known 5 years ago. What do you ladies think brought about the change? For instance with birkins, it was different episodes on certain television shows. What made Coach blow up the way it did? I'm not talking about the people who buy it because they appreciate the quality. I mean the teens, tweens, ghetto queens, etc who buy it. Was Paris Hilton photographed with a Coach bag or something?

Good question....I've only started noticing it on tv in the past year...it is in celeb mags sometimes....both on women and it pops up in US all the time in the section about shopping. And most fashion mags have 1-2 coach pieces in them every month. Plus a full page coach ad.

I think in my area it was that a upscale shopping center was built about 5 or so years ago with a Coach store in it. And about two years ago they built the Chicago Premium Outlets which brought the first Coach outlet anywhere near me. That's when it became pretty accessible in my area.

But as for awareness, I think the teens started it. Backpacks got banned at my high school so girls started carring purses more. And in an upscale town, the more expensive the purse the higher your social status. It was either the Dooney multicolor when it first came out or Coach.

I think it was the rise of so many outlets. When I was an avid Coach collector (5-6 years ago) I hardly ever saw anyone with Coach. Now that there are so many outlets here you see a lot. I'm glad I still have my older pieces. I've thought about selling some of them but I can't bring myself to because they are such great quality and unique...not the same Coach that everyone is carrying. :flowers: :shame:

I'm definitely with you guys who are talking about NYC because it seems like sometimes everywhere I look there's a 14 year old with one of the newest Coach bags. I got my first coach right before my 19th birthday as a gift and since then I've pretty much purchased any other bags I've gotten from there. It gets annoying to see all these younger girls with bags that you want or have LOL.

My friends daughter is 7 and carries a pink coach bag...her grandmother who is purse crazy found it at a yard sale, her grandmother will NOT pay for one in the store for her until she is a teenager..so that was pure luck

My 12yo sister does not care....she would rather just go shopping lol

I've known about Coach for about 3 yrs but just now got financially stable to be able to buy things that are not just thrifty..mind you I am thrift junkie of everything, I'm about to get jacked at work for a shrug I paid $3 for lol, my co worker wants it so bad.

I see a lot of Coach in my store however a LOT are fakes...we are near USF in Tampa and unless these parents are rich you mostly have girls carrying fake LVs, Pradas and Coach.

I agree with everyone, Coach has become a "birthday" "christmas" "hanukah" etc purse for 13 year olds. So many kids in my area carry Coach's.. even a couple with LV, I mean I do live in a pretty up market area.. but its pretty shocking!

I live in a subarb of Vancouver, and hardly anyone but me has coach bags here. If anyone does, it always downtown because there are 2 stores there. Fake LV's are waaaay more common on the teeny-boppers here! So are Guess bags. I see coach bags waaaaaaaaaay more when I go to the States, I guess because of the outlets.