Would ypu get this pearl necklace at $695 plus tax?

Would you pay $695 plus tax for this pearl necklace?

• YES!!! It's beautiful and classic I think it's worth it!

• NO, it's just too much for fake pearls! I rather save that money for another chanel purse.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The necklace is FABULOUS! I The CC's give the necklace an edgy look. IMO.
I also agree with the HB quote posted by DeeDeeL.
There is just something grand about CHANEL accessories that always make an outfit look fiercely put together.
I agree. Keep in mind that a strand that you can double around your neck, such as the necklace you are considering would be the cost of several bags, if you were to buy genuine pearls.
I always factor cost then divide it by how often I will most likely wear it(Harper's Bazaar acticle)
Also, you can wear your necklace when you carry one of your bags... but you can only carry one bag at a time. I wonder about the 'cost per wear' factor when we own so many bags.

I think pearls are beautiful and very classy. The necklace is beautiful. I am 29 and wear pearls all the time. If you think you get enough wear out of them, then I say get them.

NO!! They are fake pearls.. sorry but I don't really think it's worth it..

And I know what you mean about looking too mature.. I'm only 21 but my mom gave me a pearl necklace last year, I still haven't worn them yet!! :shame:

You can get real pearls from the several hundred dollars to ten thousands dollars too. For $695 you can get a nice real pearls instead of Chanel costume pearls. But if you love this Chanel necklace, you should get it. It's a personal preference. I think Chanel costume & fine jewelry are highly iconic pieces to wear. And Chanel creates costume jewelry fun + very chic to wear & for all ages. Even the vintage Chanel costume jewelry are very highly collectible today + the prices are amazingly not cheap either.

I have this very same necklace & several other Chanel pearl strands too. I also do own real pearls too. Somehow I got much compliments on costume pearls!

I got this same necklace from SCP too! The SA told me it's coat with mixes of real powdered pearls! You might want to verify this with your SA.

^ yes, she did say it's coated with real pearls powder.

I do think the necklace is beautiful, I actually just got a real string of pearl (but a shorter one, conservative noraml design) from my mother in law, and I have never wore a pearl necklace so I don't know how often I will wear one. That is why I hesitate on buying it........

I am still not sure, god, what to do???

if you are going to wear it alot, i'd go for it. chanel costume jewelry is some of the best out there, i think. usually fun and edgy or chic and classic.

if you want real pearls, you can always go mikimoto etc, but their designs tend to be a little bit more conservative. i think it really depends on your style or how you plan to accessorize.

Ok, I just called beverly hill and they have it, one more.....I think I am giving up......I tried to put on my real short pearl string from my in-law hoping to convince myself I already have a real one....but the design of the chanel one - with the smaller then bigger than smaller pearls - is so different and edgy and I think I am getting it.....I will close my eyes when I hand over my credit card to the SA....

I love the gold HW!!

One other thing you may want to to consider...

I have some cultured pearls that were given to me as a gift and I never wore them. I thought about selling them for a minimal amount on eBay... just to make a few dollars and build up my FB rating.

I looked on eBay to see what they're going for and there were so many pearl auctions at a ridiculously low asking bid, I didn't even bother listing mine, even though I would have listed at the same low starting bid. The other pearl auctions weren't selling and I knew mine wouldn't either.

Now... if you wanted to re-sell your Chanel fake pearls, you may not get all your money back, but I bet you'd get a lot of hits and you would probably be able to sell them, unlike my 'no-name' cultured pearls that are still sitting in my drawer somewhere.

I love the gold HW!!

One other thing you may want to to consider...

I have some cultured pearls that were given to me as a gift and I never wore them. I thought about selling them for a minimal amount on eBay... just to make a few dollars and build up my FB rating.

I looked on eBay to see what they're going for and there were so many pearl auctions at a ridiculously low asking bid, I didn't even bother listing mine, even though I would have listed at the same low starting bid. The other pearl auctions weren't selling and I knew mine wouldn't either.

Now... if you wanted to re-sell your Chanel fake pearls, you may not get all your money back, but I bet you'd get a lot of hits and you would probably be able to sell them, unlike my 'no-name' cultured pearls that are still sitting in my drawer somewhere.

I know what you mean, I have seen those too on ebay...

I saw both gold and silver HW, I love silver more, gold with pearls is a too mature combo for me.

I will let you gals know after my trip at beverly hills...

Absolutely NOT! Not when I can buy a 17 inch strand of REAL 10-12mm freshwater pearls like these that Megan at Casto Creations made just for ME at practically half the price of that fake strand.

You are just paying for the name "Chanel" you aren't paying for anything else. I'd rather have the real thing anyday!!! Just look at these beauties!! Now THESE are pearls, even if they didn't come from Chanel. :yes:

3131f962c5c27793f0362c8885857115.image.738x550.jpg

i couldn't agree more!!! :nuts:

and personally the cc emblems on the necklace seem a bit vulgar to me.... screaming "look how much i paid!!" .... but that is chanel..... :rolleyes: