Would you tell your friend if she had a fake Coach?

I would tell her. I'd tell her in the gentlest of ways but, nonetheless, I would say something. I think that if you present it to her in the right way, she will appreciate it. Something like, "You are my friend and because you are my friend there is something that I want to tell you. I am not judging you and I don't want to hurt your feelings, but..." How could she be mad at you for that?

I would want to know. I bought a fake bag on eBay by accident once and didn't know it was fake for a long time. I saw someone carrying a real one and I immediately knew that mine wasn't real because the difference in quality was very apparent. I was so embarassed when I realized that I had been carrying a fake. Some people don't care about carrying fake bags - those are the people who want to look like they are carrying real. We all talk about some certain bags screaming "Look at my Coach (or fill in the blank) bag, everyone!" and we are talking about the real bags!! Typically, people who knowingly carry fake bags want that kind of attention. I didn't want anyone to think that I was one of those types. I am guessing that your friend isn't either.

.......and thought it was real? I have a friend who bought an obviously fake Coach while on her trip to the Caribbean (Bahamas). She was so proud of herself because she really thinks it's real (came with the tag, dust cover, etc.....). I'm thinking I should just let her be happy with her purchase (she paid WAY too much for a fake) but then again, I'd love to teach her about real Coach purses so she doesn't get scammed again.

No I wouldn't, let her enjoy her purchase :yes:

In the future just show her things at the coach stores and kinda let her figure it out on her own.

"You are my friend and because you are my friend there is something that I want to tell you. I am not judging you and I don't want to hurt your feelings, but..."

your bag is a knock off, I hope you didn't pay alot for it...

red is not your color...

you might want to rethink bangs...

your new boob job does nothing for you...

I'm dating your boyfriend/husband...

(see how quickly that trickles down into a Jerry Springer show?)

(see how quickly that trickles down into a Jerry Springer show?)
I get your point, but I am not talking about anything other than the purse. As long as the message is conveyed appropriately, and if she's a true friend, she should appreciate the concern. When you consider what kind of illegal activities the counterfeiting industry supports most people would never carry a fake for that reason alone. I think you owe it to a true friend, or anyone for that matter, to be honest.

I would tell her because as someone else said, she THINKS it's real. The longer she carries it, the more embarrassed she is going to feel when/if she finds out, assuming she would not want to be carrying a fake. If you know she wouldn't want to carry a fake you owe it to her to tell her.

As some other people mentioned, I think the best way to do it is take her shopping and "discover it together". For example, pick something that obviously shows her bag is fake, like the hangtag or something. Look at a real bag and be like.. "wait a minute,let me see the font on your hangtag...OH NO!!! I think....." I think discovering it together would make her feel like you didnt know either and might make the same mistake she did, so she might not be as mad at herself about it.

I get your point, but I am not talking about anything other than the purse. As long as the message is conveyed appropriately, and if she's a true friend, she should appreciate the concern. When you consider what kind of illegal activities the counterfeiting industry supports most people would never carry a fake for that reason alone. I think you owe it to a true friend, or anyone for that matter, to be honest.

OMG - no...I TOTALLY meant that post as a joke! I'm sorry!

I just loved what you wrote...and wanted to note how many "appropriate" instances it could cover.

heheh...yeah, the Jerry Springer comment probably confused people...SORRY!

OMG - no...I TOTALLY meant that post as a joke! I'm sorry!

I just loved what you wrote...and wanted to note how many "appropriate" instances it could cover.

heheh...yeah, the Jerry Springer comment probably confused people...SORRY!
I didn't read anything into your post, dewey. I didn't think anything of it. Actually, I completely agree with what you said, too. I think one has to be very careful with a topic such as this because it could go down the wrong road even with good intentions. :flowers:

Yup and I have..My girlfriend has a fake Coach wallet and I told her so..She is a great friend of mine and she didn't get offended...She knows how I feel about that and reminds my husband to increase the house insurance everytime I buy another bag! I always threaten her that I'm going to throw it out! I bought her a Coach swing pack for Chirstmas...She was absolutely stunned and thrilled and we laughed about the wallet again..She promised she would throw the wallet out! But we are very close...We can be honest w/ each other and not be offended....:heart: Emmy

My friends all know better. But i think you should tell her, so next time she won't get scammed.It also all depends how close you guys are? I have 3 co-workers that carry fake coach and I just keep my mouth shut. I don't want any issues at work, I know they would get upset.

It depends on how close of a friend you are. if you are just acquaintances, it would seem out of place, but if she is a really close friend there are always ways to find out if she already knows... in fact, they would probably mention something about it first!

one of my friends is HAPPY to carry a fake.

I honestly had to take a second look at her bag...it's a black on black signature...and if you look fast, it's okay...(cause it's black on black)...but after about 5 seconds, I could tell.

and she'll say 'oh yeah, it's fake! i would never pay retail!"

umm..okay...I think I haul around at least $500 in coach merchandise daily...

eep
ya i find it surprising that even though i pay full retail for my coach bags one of my good friends tells me how she doesn't want to spend more than like $30 on one from ebay.. lol (in my head, i'm like why are you telling ME out of all people this)