Would you still be her friend?

Jinxster

Mar 20, 2007
My friend Janice barely speaks to me anymore. Last month, she called me all the time. Now, her boyfriend lost his job and spends all day with her. She barely speaks to me and I never see her. Wehn I call her, she does not call me back or pick up. :crybaby:Would you still be friends with her?

depending on how good of friends you were, i'd give it another shot. but this time, just wait for her to come around.. maybe she'll realize soon enough that she misses you.

I would arrange a lunch and ask her what's wrong.

For me...I only end a friendship is someone has really personally wronged me...WITH a bad motivation. (I find a person's motivation is key...as a friend can hurt you but their motivation was not to do so).
My dh always reminds me...the world doesn't relove around me...she might just be going through some tough times and you may be internalizing it.
Good luck.

Try talking to her about it, she might be unaware that she is doing it! if her boyfriend is out of work at the moment, they might be quite stressed at the moment, OR just enjoying their time together too much lol!

If you tell her you feel that your friendship is all one way a the moment, atleast you will then know if she realises what she is doing.

I wouldn't she hasn't done anything really wrong maybe she's just enjoying her time with her boyfriend and doesn't realize that you miss her. You all should arrange double dates or something.

maybe she's just very busy? with my friends who are like this, i usually just give them their time and space. maybe ill call or e-mail once in a while but i am not going to impose myself into their lives if they dont want me. you should still try to talk to her and see if everything is all right.

If she doesn't pick up when you call, don't call her anymore. You can still consider someone a friend even if you don't see / talk to each other as much as you used to.

I realize you were close but she got busy with her own life. Try not to take it personally. You may realize when you get older that you don't need to speak to your gf's everyday, every other day or even once a week and you will still be able to maintain those friendships. People mature and their lives change. I know it can be difficult to break away and what's worse is if she and her bf break-up she will probably be around ALOT more. It isn't right but it's very typical. Especially when your friends get married and have children. Their family becomes top priority. I have to admit that there are times when I can't return my friend's phone calls for days. They just understand that with a husband, house and two children to manage I really DON'T have the time. I also understand the same from them.

If her friendship is important to you and you have been really close, give her some time...My guess is her boyfriend is soon going to get on her nerves if he's home all the time and they spend all their time together..

If her friendship is important to you and you have been really close, give her some time...My guess is her boyfriend is soon going to get on her nerves if he's home all the time and they spend all their time together..