Would you spray water repellent on your chanel?

MYPL

Sep 10, 2007
I recently bought a bubble quilt bowler. I am really in love with it :love: but I am a bit apprehensive in using the bag because the lambskin looks so delicate! It has been raining lots where I am now, so I figured its not the right time to take the bag out. Have anyone of you tried spraying some sort of water repellent for leather e.g. scotchgurard on your Chanel? Does it work?

I would and I did, I sprayed my grey reissue. There are 2 brands that I like, one is apple guard and another one is called vectra. As long as you sprayed evenly and keep the distance as instructed you will be fine.

I have sprayed most of my Chanel bags including lambskin and have had no problems - even with the light-colored bags. I have also sprayed my Chanel shoes and boots. I live in the Seattle area where it RAINS and so I am taking no chances. I have a BQ bowler (dark beige) but have not used it yet. I will test spray before I spray the whole thing - probably on the bottom - but do not anticpate any problems.

I use Appleguard on all my Chanel bags and it works great! No changes on the caviar leather whatsoever. I'm not certain how it would affect lambskin so I think it's best to call the Chanel boutique before using it. Hope this helps!

Anyone tried scotchguard on their bags? I've used it on my brown leather Miu Miu bag with no problems... but I'm scared to death of Chanel bags! Esp lighter coloured ones... really want to get a white chanel but scared of yellowing, stains etc =(