would you pay top designer $ for a beautiful bag from a brand you've never heard of?

1. I've seen a gorgeous bag, made in Italy, you can tell the craftsmanship is good, the design is really new, but should i be brave enough to take the plunge?:shrugs:
  2. If you really like the bag and how it looks like, take the plunge!:smile:

You never know... it might be a huge brand in the future and it will definitely be more expensive by then. It would be cool to have on of the first creations, wouldn't it?:smile:
  3. If you saw the bag in person and the quality and workmanship are great, sure why not. Just because a name is on a bag does not make it "the best". There have been way too many posts with poor quality of top name bags.
    I would also want to know the return policy if the bag gets broken or has a defect in a few months.
    Good luck.
  4. Definitely ask for the warranty information or return policy.
  5. Absolutely....if you've seen it, love it, etc......
    IMO, one should never buy a bag just for the brand.....
  6. If you like it and can afford it buy it and enjoy it.
  7. Exactly. Just because a bag is from a well-known designer doesn't mean it's a great bag or well made; likewise, just because a brand is not well known doesn't mean it's not a great bag or not well made.
  8. I'm a firm believer that you should get a bag for the bag, not the name. If it's good quality and you love the design get it. Checking about the return policy is also a good idea. Plus, wouldn't it be nice to have something low-key that isn't well known....makes it that much more special!
  9. You get the bag because you like it and it makes you feel special, not for the name.
  10. My signature says it all! But if you're buying it sight-unseen, definitely ask about their return policy and warranty period.
  11. I'm one who never goes for brand names. I look for quality first and foremost.

If the quality (craftsmandship, material, design, uniqueness, etc.) is worth the price, then go for it. Then show us a pic! :girlsigh:
  12. Yes! There are so many great independant designers out there. I really love unique bags and love to find something no one else has.

Also, if you don't mind, maybe you could tell us the brand? Maybe someone here has heard of it/owns a bag by that desiger and could give you some inside information.
  13. Im all about the leather and the construction quality. I would actually prefer a very well made, less known brand to one that is commonly seen
  14. hmm, I'm different I guess!? LOL!

I need both.
    I won't spend $2k on a bag w/o a label I know. It's just too much $ for me for something that I nothing about it's history. I buy for a myriad of reasons and when we're talking a large amount of $, I need reputation to go w/ it:shrugs:
  15. I'm with you Swanky. No way would I drop $2K on a bag from an unestablished designer.

One, with an established deisgner, you know the reputation and so you know if they will make repairs to their bags down the road.

Also, call me a brand ho, but if I pay that much money for a bag, I want people to be able to recognize it. My friend bought a $5k handmade bag from Italy from a no-name shop there and someone asked her if she got it from Target. She about died, but if no one knows the brand, how are they to know she spent $5K.