Would You Offer To Help a Stranger ?

BalenciagaLove said:
Yes, absolutely. Sometimes, it's definitely not wanted though.

Earlier this week, I stopped to help this elderly gentlemen with his 50 bottles of soda that he had knocked over because one had fallen about 10 feet (it was above his head) and started to leak everywhere (on him, etc...) and he screamed "Don't HELP me!!!" in the meanest way. I was mortified by his behavior. I can only imagine what would have happened if I told him that he had his shoes on the wrong feet.

omg that's so scary.

i say yes to helping.

Oh good thread! It reminds me of the articles in Glamour (I think it's Glamour) where someone would intentionally go "undercover" and for instance, tuck their dress in their underwear to see if people would help them or point it out. I think in most of the scenarios, people would just laugh, but not point it out.

I haven't encountered a situation like this, but think that I would politely point something out.

SuLi said:
Oh good thread! It reminds me of the articles in Glamour (I think it's Glamour) where someone would intentionally go "undercover" and for instance, tuck their dress in their underwear to see if people would help them or point it out. I think in most of the scenarios, people would just laugh, but not point it out.

Hanging toilet paper has got to be the worst! I've seen it a couple of times (once on my mother! *cringe*.) How could anyone allow someone else to go around like that?

If it was a "Janet Jackson" wardrobe malfunction, I certainly would but then I'm sure everyone would. Something else, depends on how serious and where I was.

The very first day of my very first job (I was 16 years old....office environment) the lady that was in charge of me had a very small light mark on the back of her pants.

I had only been in her presence like 15 minutes (she was very stern/authoritarian like with me, letting me know up front that they run a tight ship, etc I felt like I was being chewed out and I hadn't even DONE anything yet! After having gotten to know her later I realize it was because they had bad experiences with student workers in the past and wanted to make sure it was clear up front) and she had gotten up to go get something (and was coming right back) when a friend of hers pointed it out to her as she was walking out and the lady turned around and gave me this evil LOOK and said something like oh thanks for telling me, trying to make it sound joking but the look on her face was not a joking one. Maybe I should have jumped up and exclaimed "HEY YOUR BUTT!!!" but I was young, unsure of what I should/shouldn't say and very, very nervous. If anything, her friends/people she had been with all morning should have told her.

However, ever since then, I make it a point to let people know (discreetly) if they even so much have a crumb on the corner of their mouth.

GxG said:
The very first day of my very first job (I was 16 years old....office environment) the lady that was in charge of me had a very small light mark on the back of her pants.

I had only been in her presence like 15 minutes (she was very stern/authoritarian like with me, letting me know up front that they run a tight ship, etc I felt like I was being chewed out and I hadn't even DONE anything yet! After having gotten to know her later I realize it was because they had bad experiences with student workers in the past and wanted to make sure it was clear up front) and she had gotten up to go get something (and was coming right back) when a friend of hers pointed it out to her as she was walking out and the lady turned around and gave me this evil LOOK and said something like oh thanks for telling me, trying to make it sound joking but the look on her face was not a joking one. Maybe I should have jumped up and exclaimed "HEY YOUR BUTT!!!" but I was young, unsure of what I should/shouldn't say and very, very nervous. If anything, her friends/people she had been with all morning should have told her.

However, ever since then, I make it a point to let people know (discreetly) if they even so much have a crumb on the corner of their mouth.

I agree discretion is the key. :yes:

Thanks for posting.