Would you leave neg. feedback

I would. AND also the fact that the cell phone number belonged to someone else qualifies as invalid contact info--which can get that account suspended.

That's BS when people do that kind of thing, because honestly? Even if it were true (and 99.9% of the time it's totally NOT) it's the parents' fault for giving the kid the password. If your kid causes damage to something, legally you are liable. Technically that parent is still liable for the bag.

I'm such a pushover I would probably only leave neutral but I am so gullable. I've never heard this story. I'm learning so much from these boards.

one of the winners of my auction didn't pay, so i called the number listed over and over again. finally, she answered the phone and told me that her daughter had bid on the auction and that she didn't know about it. WHATEVER!! lies.

I would. AND also the fact that the cell phone number belonged to someone else qualifies as invalid contact info--which can get that account suspended.

That's BS when people do that kind of thing, because honestly? Even if it were true (and 99.9% of the time it's totally NOT) it's the parents' fault for giving the kid the password. If your kid causes damage to something, legally you are liable. Technically that parent is still liable for the bag.

ITA with CynthiaNYC! Leave her a negative and report her to ebay.

Ya - bad story - but I would say leave her a nuetral - not neg - just because then she will leave you a neg. AND in this case leaving a neg won't do much good. if SHE was the seller that's a different story - but as a buyer it doesn't matter so much KWIM?

I really wouldn't trust the "my kid bid on it without me knowing" excuse.. I used to work at a company that had a Ebay store and I did customer service and had to regulate all the Ebay auctions, bids, wins, etc.. Couple of times a week I would hear excuses from people that their kids bid on items without them knowing... I don't believe it..

Haha, the worst was when people claimed their 5-10 year old did it.. I mean come on, you think they really can get on the computer and bid on something and confirm it?

I really wouldn't trust the "my kid bid on it without me knowing" excuse.. I used to work at a company that had a Ebay store and I did customer service and had to regulate all the Ebay auctions, bids, wins, etc.. Couple of times a week I would hear excuses from people that their kids bid on items without them knowing... I don't believe it..

Haha, the worst was when people claimed their 5-10 year old did it.. I mean come on, you think they really can get on the computer and bid on something and confirm it?

If they know the password (that's a weird one) then any kid that can type can do it. If you didn't need to type anything in my 3 year old could do it - he can navigate the computer really easily - scary!
(not that I believe the story just saying - kids are computer savvy!)

I agree with others here--regardless of what happened, she somehow bid on the bag. If the whole "it wasn't me because I had surgery, etc." excuse is true or not, she still is responsible for her own ebay account and all purchases made through it. At the very least, I'd file a non-paying bidder. If not, others might try to sell to her and she'll pull the same thing on them, because they haven't been warned by her feedback!

I would definitely leave negative feedback. Buyers seem to think that this is a game. We sellers spend a lot of time and money to list our items.

I have left a couple of negs lately for buyers, and they CANT leave it for me because I filed a NPB and won and they get automatically blocked from leaving feedback.

Even if they werent blocked from it I would still leave a negative. It may help another seller a long the way.

I say zap the b*tch with a negative.

But file that NPB, you should have done it before relisting the item.

As a seller it doesn't really matter what the buyer's FB looks like though - how will filing a neg help others? I gues you could always block that bidder if you see they have a neg - although that seems kind of drastic if you don't know the story behind it. But they can buy if it's a BIN.

As a seller it doesn't really matter what the buyer's FB looks like though - how will filing a neg help others? I gues you could always block that bidder if you see they have a neg - although that seems kind of drastic if you don't know the story behind it. But they can buy if it's a BIN.

Because the neg would also be accompanied by a NPB strike, and three strikes and that buyer's OUT. It would also help sellers evaluate offers from that person--for instance, if I had a bag that I was selling and I got two very similar offers, and was deciding which to decline and which to accept, a few negs would certainly steer me away from little miss my kid did it.
Oh, and you can also block bidders who have received two strikes in the last 30 or 60 days or whatever it is.

Last point: feedback is supposed to be *accurate*. In this case, the seller's experience with that buyer WAS negative. I think that it's important to leave accurate feedback, personally...though I realize that many sellers are very hesitant to leave negs. I personally do not fear the neg. I wear the few I have (in approx 1300 transactions) with pride.