Would you ever "waterproof" a lambskin bag such as the Botkier Sasha?

1. I want to use the bag as a work tote, and Chicago has brutal, snowy winters. I saw some posts here about waterproofing different kinds of bags with various products, e.g., Applegard, Colonil Nanospray, Shining Monkey etc.

I am wondering about waterproofing bags, especially lambskin bags, and especially the Botkier Sasha Duffle.

Merci beaucoup!

2. I have used Applegarde on several lambskin products, and I haven't had any problems. The spray didn't change the feel of the leather. I should add that none of those things have been caught in rain or snow yet, so I don't know how well spray actually worked.

3. I had no idea that you could weatherproof lambskin.

4. I would definitely waterproof the bag! I have several Bianca’s and had been browsing through TPF to see which product Botkier owners preferred. However, there wasn’t a real consensus on which product to use. I did read however that Apple should NOT be used on leather that hasn’t been treated because it can change the color of the handbag (i.e. make light colors turn yellowish). Better safe than sorry I chose to email Botkier to see if they could recommend a product. Jinnie at Botkier recommended Meltonian (water & stain protector) and Lexol leather conditioner. Hope this info helps.

5. I've used lovinmybags.com pro treatment on all of my Botkiers (including the Sasha duffle) and it's worked great!

6. Thanks to everyone so far.

7. I used lovinmybags spray on my pearl cognac bianca, no color change whatsoever.