Would you date him?

Dumb question but...how do you know for sure he broke up with her? My cousin met this guy once and his friends mentioned he had a girlfirend and she gave him her number after he said he wasn't happy with the gf and was thinking of breaking up with her. Well they date for a few weeks and she finds out not only didn't he break up with her but they got engaged, he was just playing the field. This guy could be really nice but I would be really suspicious and careful.

Almost the same happened to me once, and I've been with the guy for a long time, we split up because of different issue. So I say, give it a try, you never know! Just make sure he has REALLY broke up with the other.

I'd just remember the saying, "If he did it with you, he'll do it to you."

Take it super casual, but before moving on to anything serious, make sure you're sure that he won't dump you for the next amazing girl he meets.

At the age I am now, no I wouldn't date him. In my younger years, sure I would probably hook up with him. Not everyone repeats patterns, but most do and knowing that now, I would choose to find someone worthy of my time.

Thanks for the opinions and advice. :smile: I'm going to see him, not a date, tomorrow. Take things slow. To the one person who said how do I know? I met him through a mutual friend and this mutual friend told me it was true and his other friends, that she knows, have been speaking of the break up.

Well actually my fiance was dating someone else when we started dating (more than one someone else to be exact) I don't date casually so I told him I'd only go out with him if I was the only one - he broke up with the others, we dated and now we're engaged. So I think there is a possibility that this guy thought you would only date him if he was single.

Been a little busy, but wanted to tell everyone who's interested about our nondate. hehe. We had some coffe and talked and talked and talked. We hugged. No kissing, yet. I have to say, this must sound so dumb!, I really enjoyed the hug and felt a connection. I like him tons.

1 day at a time!
I've done it to a boyfriend - broken up to go out with someone else. But I definitely didn't feel it with bf #1. BF #2 didn't work out either, but you never know. Like it's been said - be careful!