would you consider purchasing a used designer bag?

Would you consider purchasing a used designer bag?

• Would never own a used bag.

• Don't own a used bag but would consider it.

• Bought a used bag previously.

• Primarily only buy used bags.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've bought used before, and most of them came to me in really good to barely used for over 50% off retail. However, my high end bags have mostly been new, with the exception of a Chanel Cambon that I found over 50% today's retail in the greatest condition possible! I have no problem buying used.

I have considered vintage croc and gator bags just because I can't afford a new quality one right now. When it comes to newer designs I'd never bought a bag on an online auction ect. -- prefer sources that will guarantee the genuity of my bag

Yes, I have and still would buy a pre-owned bag.
Seems many of the bags I really love are way out of my price range.
Certainly, I would love to walk into Saks or Neimans and be able to shell out 'X' amount of $$$ for a new designer bag, but truth be told, It is not happening for me right now!
I have had many good experiences buying pre-owned bags (but also many pathetic ones!)
It's a risk, but I always stick to the "like new, excellent condition" ones. Sometimes you can get burned though. I like to check and make sure there is some kind of return policy.

For some bags, it has to be new or nothing, but if I find a cute LV or Chanel for less than retail in great condition, I'm sure I'd be the first to place a bid. I haven't bought a used bag yet, but I have sold some of mine and my buyers have all been super happy with them.

I forgot... I did just buy a wallet used, but it hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if I'm going to be an anti-used item person, or a supporter.

well i have never bought a used bag altough my mother gave me this gorgeous leather briefcase from the late 70's that i luv so that being said i have to say that when it comes to vachetta leather i luv that dark aged looked and altough i am not one for monogram canvas the speedy's from the 70's with all that wear have darken o beautifully that i want one only for that reason i luv the dark color of aged vachetta but for the most part i justrather go into the store and buy them but occasionlly we all see styles that were very pretty but r unable to purchase due to them being no longer in production and unlike some here i can not be on top of every bag style that comes out i missed a few and sometimes have to do some catch up lol

I have used bags. One is a newer Coach bag that was just too good a deal to pass up, two are from my mom (vintage), a couple others are from vintage shops. If the bag looks nice and is in good condition I don't care. I'm not at a point in my life where I can afford really expensive bags, so used is fine with me.

Getting a brand new bag or a used bag is always a rush, because either way it's a new bag for my collection. But I do admit that I loooooooooooove all the tissue paper, ribbons, tags and shopping bags! :nuts:
I have a really hard time taking the tags off something when it's new. I'm a weirdo!...

I've bought and sold gently used bags. When I sell a gently used bag it might as well be new because I take immaculate care of my bags and rotate often so it would take a long time for them to show wear. The bags I've been lucky enough to buy have been treated the same. I got into the "purse game" late so being able to get a disontinued or hard to find bag at a good cost in like new or close to condition is great!

Currently, I do not own a used bag. For my next conquest, I intend on getting a new one again. I'm a bit anal when it comes to purses. But then again, ask me in a year. I might change my mind, you'll never know :smile:

I bought a couple from e-bay, and was disappointed in the way they actually looked (the photos looked so much better). So in theory, I have nothing against buying a gently used bag. In practice I no longer buy off of e-bay. I prefer to see the bag IRL.

I've been a huge fan of vintage clothing and accessories for so long, that buying things used feels pretty natural. My favorite thing ever is to visit cute little vintage boutiques just to see what I can find. It's sort of like a treasure hunt.

Plus, when you buy something that has been pre-loved, it comes with stories, and a history, especially vintage. There is a sort of romantic nostalgia with the whole thing.

That being said, this is usually for vintage, no longer made items. I own a lot of used current-era bags too, and have no problem with them. I've been very fortunate, even off ebay (keeping fingers crossed), and will definitely keep going with used, so I can have more pretty things than I could otherwise justify.