Would you consider doing this?

1. A couple of online resellers I visit regularly have had a few bags listed for sale for a while (probably over 6 months). I just thought, would it be appropriate to email the sellers with an offer or see if they'd discount the bags?

I don't know if I would and I'm not planning on buying anything soon I just thought that maybe they'd actually like to sell the stock they've had for a while.

What do you all think?
  2. I dont think it's unreasonable to ask, if they dont want to then they'll refuse to do it. You never know what they might say and it's not an inappropriate thing to ask :smile:
  3. I would do it especially if the bags have been in their inventory for a while. They might just sell it to you for a bit less rather than not being able to sell it at all.
  4. Only if you TRULY plan on buying them at the price you ask for.
    Also, only if it's not something far fetched like half off.
  5. You should be committed to buying them if you email an offer.
  6. go for it...what do you have to lose?
  7. If you are not sure about making an offer just ask them whether they would accept an offer - without giving a price yet. This is how I do it -

there have been a lot of discussions on low/too low offers in the eBay forum - my take is that this is part of selling/buying - I start with an offer lower than what I am prepared to pay, and then the seller makes a counter-offer etc until you find a price that suits you both.

BUT some people here are REALLY REALLY upset with this kind of stuff, so take that into consideration - you may get an annoyed email back...
  8. Thanks for your replies :smile: It's definitely not something I'd consider doing unless I was serious about the bag, but it's good to know that it's a possible option!
  9. I think it doesn't hurt to ask. Most of them are usually pretty open to offers.