would you be okay if your friend got "your bag"?

I wouldn't mind at all if my best friend got the same bag as me. Actually, I would be happy, because it would enhance the sisterly feeling between us.

I recommend that instead of feeling annoyed, perhaps you can think of this situation in a more positive light--your friend admires your sense of style.

It would depend. If she were a true friend, I would think it was great. If she were an acquaintance, one who generally annoyed me anyway, I might be peeved.

My best friend and I have very similar tastes and we buy a lot of the same stuff. In fact, shortly after we met and started talking, we realized we had been bidding against each other on the same Ebay items for a long time!!

We are each secure enough in ourselves to find it fun and amusing. That's what friends are for.:smile:

My best friend carries the exact same bag as me (the Botkie sasha duffle in black). She got it after she "saw how good it looked on me," although she did ask me if I would mind first. I told her absolutely not because she has a great sense of style and I'm flattered that she likes my taste. She's also the type that if anyone saw us together she would tell them that I bought the bag first.

Cyn

It would depend on the friend and their motives. If they love the bag fair enough. Why shouldn't they buy something they like just because I've got one?
If I felt they didn't care for the item but just wanted to imitate then I'd be peeved- but then I probably wouldn't be friends with someone shallow like that anyway!!

It depends on the person and the bag. If your bag is an "It" bag and she wanted something similar, that's okay. If she wants your unique flea market bag (instead of asking to borrow yours) and then attempts to copy your style in other ways, I would be worried.

Personally, if my friend purchased the same bag, I would not be offended or annoyed. I don't think that anyone can "own" a style of bag - everyone should be able to enjoy it.

I have no problem with it when we discuss it. However one of my friends has, multiple times, acted like she doesn't like my new bag or fails to comment on it, then ends up with the same one a couple of weeks later. That's when it's annoying.

I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear because I think it is silly for you to feel that way. I'm sure THOUSANDS of people own the same on you do. MJ sells his bags to everyone. If my friend bought the same bag I had then I'd take it as a compliment. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

I remember I knew this one girl who thought leopard print was "her" print. And if an accquaintance of hers wore leopard she would make some snide comment about them "copying" her - like she invented leopard print! It was ridiculous! Leopard print and bags of any style are for everyone to enjoy!

I'm sure lots of other people will disagree with me, but that's just my take on it! I hope I helped a little. :smile:

Ditto! Think of all the people who have Speedies. Just carry what you love, and try not to let what other people carry worry/bother you.

I'm torn as this has happened to me. I got a mulberry bag and 2 months later my friend turned up with the exact same one (style and colour) without even mentioning it. She also never once made a comment about loving my bag.

At the time i was so annoyed...but you have to look at it that it's only you that is worrying about it. She's not and no one else is so you're the one that ends up getting stressed about it...which is when you have to realise it's not worth it.

My friend has also had the common sense not to wear it when we go out together...i'd feel a little bit "twee" if we walked round wearing the same bag - i'm a bit past all that!

It all depends if you have the same style as your friend. I have the same bag as one of my friends, but we are sssooo different, it doesn't matter! We both have the LV Azur Damier Speedy 25 but bought it for different reasons! She was looking for a bright colored bag for the summer and didn't have a price limit, but I've had my eye on the bag for months and finally saved enough "Bag Money" for it! We usually don't wear it at the same time and even when we do, we wear it so differently no one notices it! It's funny when only one person gets complimented on the bag (we are always like "Thanks... umm... she has the bag too")! LOL!

Unless you and your friend are bobsy twins and wear it with similiar outfits on the same day, it shouldn't matter that she OWNS the same bag as you.

See, where as I would feel alittle weird if my friend bought the same bag. Especially if we went out together and were carrying the same bag. BUT on the other hand, no one has a claim on any one bag, so she's allowed to buy what she wants. I have to side with the original poster though in that it would annoy me a bit. I have to think though .. if my friend had bought a bag that once I saw I totally loved and I really wanted one too ... would I not buy one because she already had one? I'd still get it ... but try not to wear it when I know we'll be together.

Good thing none of my friends are into designer purses!

I agree with this.

I tend not to buy it bags though, so even if my friends were really really into fashion, chances are, they still won't have the same bags as me.