Would love your opinion!

Oh. By the way.....before I venture out into the Birkin world, what's the difference in color between the Rouge H and the Rouge VIF?????? :shame:

Shopmom, just wondering, since we're both basic black type of gals. Is your coloring similar to mine? Black hair, brown eyes, olive complexion? If so, the rouge H in chevre is very dark, it dyes close to burgundy. In box, it's a blue red. The box flatters my complexion better. Just my one and a half cents.

shopmom411 said:
Oh. By the way.....before I venture out into the Birkin world, what's the difference in color between the Rouge H and the Rouge VIF?????? :shame:
Rouge VIF will have a pink undertone to it, but it's almost a true red in croc. Rouge H can run the gamut depending on the leather. I love Rouge H in box, it's almost a true blue red. I would kill for that leather and color. Very hard to find I was told. On chamonix, chevre, and epsom it's closer to a burgundy. In croc, it's like a ruby.

Ok...here goes, Hermesgroupie......5'3", 110 lbs, Dark Brown hair w/some light streaks, brown eyes, olive complexion (it's my Italian heritage). I gravitate toward anything black, all Fall colors and like to combine vintage with new. So, I'm thinking it's gotta be Rouge H in Box.....need all the flattery I can get since the big 5-0 is right around the corner!!!!!!!!

Oh, yes, shopmom, rouge H in box!!!!! (biting lower lip) However, since we are talking a major purchase, have your SA show you a few examples of rouge H or check the leather book.

shopmom411 said:
Thanks, guys! As always, you are the best!

Now...I would only buy a Birkin from either the store (fat chance....)or from a TRUSTED re-seller. I know that MightyKismet and Lux-Wear mark up their Birkins by about $1K or more so I'm a bit in the dark about the "real" cost of one. What would you say a 35cm Birkin would run?
Hi, my 2 cents...
I would get a 35 cm,birkin :yes: in an color like rouge h, or black, or one of the "blues". At hermes a 35 cm togo goes for about $7000-ish.
luxwear, and some others charge about $9000-ish, if you really do not think you can get one at hermes. (although you never know;) ) I just think a birkin at this point would give your already great collection :nuts: that perfect final touch! (not that any purchase is ever our last no matter how much we think so!:angel: :lol: )

My rouge h in chevre certainly looks more burgundy to me than true 'red'...haven't seen Vif IRL but I think it would be brighter...I would like something in it myself (oh but we weren't talking about me were we???!!!) And you're a skinny minnie at that weight!! I was that 15 yrs ago after child #2...and then I had 3....and now over 40...yeck!

I am late into this conversation! I was away almost all day yesterday so couldn't join in( actually I really missed my time here with all of you..it's becoming dangerous..!!)

Anyway, I second the idea of Birkin in Rouge H, or gold, they are two lovely neutrals...It's difficult to describe rouge H, there are pics of both my Plume (box)and my Bolide(Clemence) somewhere in older threads, but the color came out much brighter than it really is...you should try and see it at your store IRL. Rouge Vif is lovely, but it's a bright red...I think my first choice for you, as you said yourself, would be box rouge H, not easy to find mind you...Anyway, the hunt is on...!!:graucho:

Rouge H is the Chevre Kelly in Shoes' Avatar, Rouge Vif is the Chevre Birkin in OTINGOCNI's signature. Also, I'd go to ebay and search for Birkins and Kellys - so many colors listed there and easy to see quickly.

Oh, that's pretty! Yes, the color is lovely and I think perfect for me....thank you everyone, once again!!!!!

And, yes.....the hunt is on!!!!!!