Would love your help in naming my Fendi's

1. Hi,

I recently went through a messy divorce and shortly after paying out my ex-husband most of my money in order to keep the house, my central air conditioning system needed to be replaced. So basically, I'm broke and reevaluating my need to hold on to a bunch of things that I don't use or need. I have a good sized collection of Fendi handbags that don't get much screen time in my life and I'm thinking of parting w/ some on eBay. They are all authentic and all purchased from either Fendi in Short Hills or the Fendi outlet at Woodbury Commons, but I don't recall what the names of some of the bags are since they were purchased years ago mainly on a whim, not after the extensive research that is typical today!

The first bag is a beige signature fabric bag with white leather accents and gold hardware. I always called this my St. Tropez bag but I don't know what it was really named. I think it cost about $1K. I am trying to figure out its name as well as where the key authenticity info is found in the bag. Most of my Fendi bags have an authencity code somewhere inside the bag but I can't find it in this one. This came from the outlet in Woodbury Commons, though, so it must be authentic. I've attached some pics in this post and will attach a few more of this bag and the second bag in subsequent posts.

The second bag is primarily teal leather with salmon orange leather and silver accents. The lining is teal satin. It has a thin snakeskin strap. It cost around $1.3K. Again, I don't know the name of the bag or where the authenticity info is but it came from Fendi as well.

Any help would be very appreciated. I want to make sure I am able to really describe all of the info that a buyer would want to know to verify the authenticy of the bags so that I can get the best price for them. Thanks!
    reunion 033.jpg reunion 034.jpg reunion 035.jpg reunion 036.jpg reunion 037.jpg
  2. Here are some more of bag #1 and a few of bag #2:
    reunion 038.jpg reunion 039.jpg reunion 040.jpg reunion 042.jpg reunion 043.jpg
  3. Here are some more of Bag #2:
    reunion 044.jpg reunion 045.jpg reunion 046.jpg
  4. GGNY -- I would just call the first tan one a Messenger Bag.. How old are the bags? Depending on the age there should be a serial number inside the pocket imprinted on it or a leather serial number strip sewn into lining &/or a black authenticity tag with a hologram on it & number. Check the lining of the pockets, turn them inside out, or on the north & south of interior lining. Buyers will want to see these things. The 2nd one is somewhere in the baguette family, not sure. Buyers will need photos of the serial number strip, hologram or imprinted code, also underside of closure snap showing screws & any logos.

I don't think you will get anywhere near original prices due to age & type of bag, these are not the most popular ones and are a bit dated, unfortunately. :crybaby:However, the 2nd one will probably draw the greatest interest, esp with the python.

The Fendi Spy bags & Selleria hold their value better on eBay.
  5. Thanks for the information. The bags are from 2000 or 2001. The first one is more a shoulder bag than a messenger bag - the strap only extends to shoulder length but I guess the pics make it look more like a messenger bag.