Would like to figure this out before I'm 50!

You really ARE funny Shopmom!!:roflmfao: Since you mentioned your little secret, I'll tell you mine: to me ostrich looks like someone with a terrible desease, all those spots give me the creaps... and I do try to make myself like it, especially since I'm on this PF, but I just can't...maybe with time, who knows...!?LOL:flowers:

Duna....I think you have to see one that strikes you right to the core...like an arrow to the heart. That's what happened to me when I saw VB's bag. All other thoughts really flew right out the window. I love the color, the vintage-y style, even those spots....the whole thing just hit me as the perfect bag........ one day you might see, oh say, a black Ostrich Plume elan and you'll by a gonner like me...:heart: :flowers:

shopmom411 said:
Duna....I think you have to see one that strikes you right to the core...like an arrow to the heart. That's what happened to me when I saw VB's bag. All other thoughts really flew right out the window. I love the color, the vintage-y style, even those spots....the whole thing just hit me as the perfect bag........ one day you might see, oh say, a black Ostrich Plume elan and you'll by a gonner like me...:heart: :flowers:
I totally agree, and as I said above, I would really like to like it, 'cause I'm completely aware of all it's qualities...I'm sure I'll get converted by this PF sooner or later...LOL!;)

Shopmom...just got back from lunch and see you're doing some serious thinking on the gold ostrich Kelly!! I felt too that it looks like someone with the chickenpox...and I wonder if Hermes farms ostriches.
Anyway, Ladyauthentic is the best, especially with Kellys. I bought the rouge vif rigide 35 Kelly from her! Maybe she will come down in price a little if you wire her the money..did you try? I love that ostrich Kelly and am tempted too, but I have too much going on at the moment. Maybe if you buy it and get tired of it I'll buy it from you in the future, but I know you'll love it or something like it. :love:

Does SF get ostrich bags in at times? Ask you SA about that and see if he/she knows what is coming into the store. You could just call for an instant answer to help you decide. I've done that sort of thing in the past.

duna said:
I totally agree, and as I said above, I would really like to like it, 'cause I'm completely aware of all it's qualities...I'm sure I'll get converted by this PF sooner or later...LOL!;)

Duna...this Forum is contagious. I never thought about a Bearn wallet before and was happy with my LV french purse. But the thread on the Bearns inticed me to buy an alligator fushia Bearn from the Chicago store!! This is too much, but I love it!!:roflmfao: :love:

Lovehermes....Do you use the Rouge a lot? I love the color and it seems that it could go with everything. SF Hermes says that they rarely see Ostrich in handbags...so it would really be a hit and miss kind of thing if I waited for a new one. Plus, I kind of like that the one Lady has is an older bag.......it IS a beauty, I must say. Oh boy....this is a toughy for me.....

shopmom...I'm trying to use the Rouge more lately because it is special to me since I really wanted to buy that color/size since I saw it nine years ago in Chicago. At that time the price was too high for me and I continued to use my Coach Station bag which I did love. It is rigide and I think because of that it will hold up in shape.
I love the ostrich LadyAuthentic has too. I'm thinking now...the older Kellys didn't have that hook on either side of the handle to put the shoulder strap on. Somehow I like the way it used to be...less cluttered look. The vintage Kellys are beautiful - very Grace Kelly!! You could wear it to a nice luncheon, showers, dinners...more dressed up than your brown supple Kelly. But you could wear the supple to all the above too!
I'll probably get my wallet next Tuesday or Wednesday but can't take pics for about two weeks...on vacation. But I think I'll try to see what I can do sooner.

shopmom411 said:
Ok....can I tell you guys a secret? .....before last week I always thought Gold Ostrich looked like nipples gone wild..... What if I buy the bag 'cause I love it today and one day, weeks even years from now I look at it and think, what have I done!?!?!?! It's the nipple bag...I can't wear this!?!?!?!

See? This is how my mind works.......
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: Actually, I used to make fun of ostrich looking like dead cactus but now it's my favorite exotic! Go figure!!