Workplace Work Vent aka Complain About Your Job!

I don't remember if I posted about this yet, but the internship/stipend I applied & interviewed for last month? I got it :biggrin: I am out of my job as of the 31st.

(I kind of hope I get fired before then because I have things to sell on ebay that will make up for my check.)

i caught someone red handed today lying about finding something *open* and *used*. i didn't call her out on it but i discussed her with my co-workers. she comes into our store often and always takes dozens of underwear to the fitting room, a few disappear, piles the left overs in the room, and then buys a couple. kind of hard to really get her stealing the underwear when there are no camera's in fitting rooms.

^^^ Lock the fitting room(s). Inspect everything before she goes in. Wait at the door until she comes out and inspect everything again and check the room.

Once or twice and she'll get the hint that she's being monitored.

------------------------

I can't figure out what these people have been doing for the months they've been here. They don't even know some of the most basic things.

Perfect thread for me.
My boss hates me (she's a Tod's D bag trotting lady who thinks most, if not everything, of what I do is crap). It's the first time our brand hit quarterly target ever, and I don't want to hog all the credit, but hello I kinda did a lot to make that happen! And it only happened when I'm doing sales and marketing already, for crying out loud. It's not rocket science to figure out I had something to do with this. But NOOOOOO. She acts nonchalant and to make matters worse, she's decided to ignore all my emails for the whole week. The week that starts a whole new quarter.
The thing is I get so paranoid when she's not emailing me back (I am a country representative. So my boss is in a different country. It's safe to say that we email, call and text at least 20 times a day). I always feel like I did something so completely wrong that she's going to fire me. Even if I didn't do anything at all.
At one point, I had a miscarriage and even though I was supposed to go back to work after a week of bed rest, straight from the recovery room of the hospital I turned my laptop on, answered emails from her and picked up when she called to give her updates.
The truth is, I feel like I have this secret yearning to please my boss, like how some children are to their parents. This sucks. Anyone wants to hire me?

I second this. the OP can explain it in just general terms that she has some digestive issues and they ask for more specifics, I'd suggest just to lay it out there.

i disagree just because how gossip spreads through companies. you don't know who likes to chat about what and spread what and before you know it everyone could know about your "digestive" issues.

...She is a divorcee and between me and my other female colleague, we really feel she plays favoritism..She loves my male colleague and all other males worker that talks to her...

My prior boss was like this and to be honest, I think my department (which is 90% female including all management) is like this in general. When it comes to the one guy that's on our team, he is "special" and seen as "voice of stability" - UGH! Whatever.

Perfect thread for me.
My boss hates me (she's a Tod's D bag trotting lady who thinks most, if not everything, of what I do is crap). It's the first time our brand hit quarterly target ever, and I don't want to hog all the credit, but hello I kinda did a lot to make that happen! And it only happened when I'm doing sales and marketing already, for crying out loud. It's not rocket science to figure out I had something to do with this. But NOOOOOO. She acts nonchalant and to make matters worse, she's decided to ignore all my emails for the whole week. The week that starts a whole new quarter.
The thing is I get so paranoid when she's not emailing me back (I am a country representative. So my boss is in a different country. It's safe to say that we email, call and text at least 20 times a day). I always feel like I did something so completely wrong that she's going to fire me. Even if I didn't do anything at all.
At one point, I had a miscarriage and even though I was supposed to go back to work after a week of bed rest, straight from the recovery room of the hospital I turned my laptop on, answered emails from her and picked up when she called to give her updates.
The truth is, I feel like I have this secret yearning to please my boss, like how some children are to their parents. This sucks. Anyone wants to hire me?

One thing that I've learned is that it is NOT bad to toot your own horn. Men do it without giving it a second thought but for some reason as women, we see doing that as being "braggy" or "conceited". Whatever. I think any normal personal knows the difference between acknowledging reality (tooting your own horn) vs. being a self centered jerk.

Also, you need to talk to your boss and ask her what is her preferred method of communication - for example: does she want an emails detailing each and every thing or does she prefer a few emails that touch on the high points? It sounds like you guys probably get hundreds of emails each day so she may not be ignoring you. If she is.....find a new job/boss. Having one that "hates" you will get you no where career wise and will just frustrate you even more.

Ok my turn...I hate to say this but I hate working with a female middle management team. :sad: It pains me to say that because I do believe that women can manage others without all the drama and groupthink, but I guess not everyone is >there< yet.

To Surgeons/Residents,

It's great that you have chosen a career to help people and save lives. But if there is one thing most of you suck at, it's communication. Learn to write your orders properly and clearly and maybe you won't get paged so much. There's no need to be a f**ken ass when you call back and treat me like i'm incompetent.

Don't tell your patients one thing and then order something else without telling the nurse or the patient. It confuses people!

Yup, i'm a cranky RN and had a ****-tastic day :rant:

Obviously this is an old comment, but from the other side....

I've been paged by nurses in the middle of the night because "the patient doesn't think his mattress is soft enough." I have had the nurses tell the patients that they can eat after I tell them they can't (for surgery) because they "look hungry," and I have had nurses flat out not take vital signs for 8+ hours because "that's not my job." I've been paged at 3 AM to ask if the patient's 11 AM Zantac an be changed from intravenous to oral. I've been called because the nurse *doesn't understand why the patient is in the hospital.*

Trust me, the resident-nurse communication issue goes both ways. :P

dress for work...there is one woman at my office who has been told my HR numerous times about what she wears to work. Most of the outfits she wears she is too old to be wearing. She tries way tooooo hard to look young. She's early 50's but dresses like she is my age (27) - her heels are way too high, short skirts, tight low cut shirts...you don't dress this way to work, especially in a law firm. And she wonders why no one takes her seriously. Her abuse of the tanning bed and bleaching her hair does't help her appearance either. Yet she thinks she looks so young.

and of course to her everyone is stupid...she is the gossip queen. But I hear she is getting fired very soon. about time....

designer items at work...my boss, the manager and I all like and buy designer goods. We don't really talk about it. We just wear it, nothing really flashy.

Well there's one other woman in the office who doesn't buy/wear designer goods and this is fine, but last summer her brother was selling knockoff bags and she came in sporting (one) and telling us about the bags. All of us just smiled and gave no response which should have been a hint to her that none of us buy fakes. Well the other day she emailed me a link with fake CLs and in the body of the email it said I know its fake but its as close as I will ever get. Then today she comes in with a fake LV proudly displaying it on her desk. Any other day she always puts her purse away, we all do :hrmm:

I thought when I didn't show interest in buying knockoffs from her brother or reply to that link that she would know that I have no interest whatsoever in supporting fakes. She's really nice I actually like her and we compliment each other on jewelry and shoes and things. I hope she doesn't go home feeling sad that no one compliments her purse :-s

I just needed to vent....

dress for work...there is one woman at my office who has been told my HR numerous times about what she wears to work. Most of the outfits she wears she is too old to be wearing. She tries way tooooo hard to look young. She's early 50's but dresses like she is my age (27) - her heels are way too high, short skirts, tight low cut shirts...you don't dress this way to work, especially in a law firm. And she wonders why no one takes her seriously. Her abuse of the tanning bed and bleaching her hair does't help her appearance either. Yet she thinks she looks so young.

and of course to her everyone is stupid...she is the gossip queen. But I hear she is getting fired very soon. about time....

I have one of these where I work. She doesn't work in my building, but I see her out and about on campus. In her little skirts, inappropiate heels and pants, jeans looking like she's about to hit the club :nogood:

designer items at work...my boss, the manager and I all like and buy designer goods. We don't really talk about it. We just wear it, nothing really flashy.

Well there's one other woman in the office who doesn't buy/wear designer goods and this is fine, but last summer her brother was selling knockoff bags and she came in sporting (one) and telling us about the bags. All of us just smiled and gave no response which should have been a hint to her that none of us buy fakes. Well the other day she emailed me a link with fake CLs and in the body of the email it said I know its fake but its as close as I will ever get. Then today she comes in with a fake LV proudly displaying it on her desk. Any other day she always puts her purse away, we all do :hrmm:

I thought when I didn't show interest in buying knockoffs from her brother or reply to that link that she would know that I have no interest whatsoever in supporting fakes. She's really nice I actually like her and we compliment each other on jewelry and shoes and things. I hope she doesn't go home feeling sad that no one compliments her purse :-s

Awwwwww @ bolded part. Seems to me that she is just wanting to "keep up"/fit in with the rest of the team.

it sounds like she is fishing for compliments

I don't hate most of the people I work with. I hate the customers the most.

I don't understand how people don't understand the concept of being underage. If you're with someone who's underage, you're not buying alcohol if I catch you. If you don't have ID, you and your party do not get alcohol. I don't buy your "I'm just the ride" or "I don't have my wallet" garbage. If you're in line with your friend, you're responsible. It's not that hard to wait outside, or in the car. If you or your friend want to make a fuss about it, I will call security and have them boot your a$$ out. Jesus.