Work Problems. Any Suggestions?

1. Okay I will keep this short and simple. In my job, I have to recruit and interview in-home care providers for people with disabilities. There is one lady, newly hired, whose application I had to process. My own boss decided to go ahead and hire her, so she's been coming to the office a lot for training and to complete paperwork.

However, I feel very uncomfortable dealing with this lady. She's extremely nice--probably one of the nicest people that I've ever come across as far as applicants are concerned. I'm not trying to be ugly or mean or nasty or anything, but...she has no teeth. And a mustache.

I'm not talking about a little peach fuzz on the top lip, I'm talking about a full-on mustache that a dood would have.

And she has no teeth.

I feel so uncomfortable dealing with her for those two reasons alone...otherwise I have no problem.

When we're at work, I try to get one of my coworkers to assist her, but one of them is even more weirded out by her than I am, and she says "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" and "She needs to wax that sh!t." I've never said anything quite so mean, but yet the lady still makes me ill at ease.

What do I do? Is there a special place in hell for folk like me???

2. It is not special, but it might be hotter. :roflmfao:

I think you just have to suck it up and work with her for the time being. I hear where you are coming from, as I have worked with people who were, frankly, difficult to look at for a variety of reasons. Be grateful you are a lovely woman, and be gentle with her, poor thing.
  3. Thanks! Because I feel horrible...

4. i'd be totally freaked out, too.
  5. Yeah.........creep-eeeeee
  6. Oh, and I forgot to mention that she also has a jheri-curl.

A jheri-curl!

I don't know if that makes much of a difference, know. The smell of the activator alone is overpowering as is...

Bless her heart.
  7. Crap I have not seen a jeri curl since 1979. Is the jeri curl on the facial hair? haha
  8. LOL. It's on her scalp, believe it or not.
  9. The jeri might be the deal breaker. Do a makeover intervention. STAT!
  10. :roflmfao: I really don't mean to laugh, but you 'sounded' so funny!

I would feel uncomfortable, too. But hang in there, your boss gave her a chance that others may not have and you only have to see her until she completes her training. At least she is nice and the people she will help will probably like her.
  11. OMG LMAO! I hate to laugh at her and the situation but it's just so funny!

It would be tough for me too. I am not sure you can do much. Maybe with the money she is getting fromt he job she will be able to afford to wax and buy teeth!?!
  12. Good point. Plus, she is of retirement age, I think in her early sixties, and I know how difficult it is for that demographic to find work. She's an RN and everything, the nicest woman and pretty smart, too. I just wish I could sit her down and say, "Okay. The mustache ain't working. Let's try this Nair."

Hopefully this job will help her out as far as the teeth are concerned. After six months, she's eligible for full medical and dental benefits.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. And I'll leave the hair to God. Maybe I just shouldn't be concerned about the jheri curl.
  13. [​IMG]
  14. LMAO...I was gonna make a "Coming to America"/Soul Glow reference (I had the thought as I typed the post) but I didn't think many people would get it.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
  15. Great movie... when they all get up from sitting on the couch, the 3 grease spots from the jheri curl juice. Good times!