Work, City, or Part-time?

alice$

Lovin' it!
Jun 16, 2007
I've been wondering.. i have the Black GGH Work and am wondering if i should now change it to either a city or a part-time? I love the fact that the Work is a big, big bag.. However, i love the shoulder strap of the city and part-time.. I'm about 5'8" and pretty slim so i dont know if the big work or the city or part time would match me... i'm so confuseddd! what do you think i should get?

I like the strap too and most of my bags are City or Twiggy. I find the City is very roomy. I thought I lilked the Part time then decided I didn't. The strap was not as comfortable and it tended to droop in the middle. I am 5'7" and I think the City is perfect. Big enough, not too big and I love the shape and the strap. Very comfortable.

I'm 5'7", not slim and have both the Work and City. I prefer carrying the Work to work, I hardly ever use it on the weekends or at night, it's just too big. The City is a great size for everything else, ie shopping, dinner, weekend jaunts, etc. It sounds like you really do miss the shoulder strap (I would, too!) and probably the City is a good size for you. Good luck with your decision!

I love the strap too and I'm currently trading in my GH Work for a GH Part-time. I love the style of this bag with Giant Hardware.....it's classy and edgy all at the same time. I prefer it over the City with GH. The size of the PT is plenty big enough to pull off the giant hardware and it really makes this bag visually appealing.......it somehow balances it. The size is plenty big for my daily essentials and I love that I can wear it all different ways depending on my mood or needs. With the shoulder strap, you can wear it either crossbody or on the shoulder. With the handles, it can be a handheld or they can also fit over the shoulder like the Work. I think the PT is a great size for you.

Over the past few months, I've sold two of my Giant PT's and I really miss them. Plus seeing this photo the other day didn't help any!

vanessa-hudgens-big-boy-burgers-08.jpg

Now, I've got two PT's on the way!!!! One in RH and the other with GH and I'm thrilled. Good luck with your decision.

this is the silver work that i bought in the beginning and exchanged for the gold..
n502739807_221908_3042.jpg

IT looks great:tup:!!! It doesn't look too big at all! Well, now I think it's up to you.... I like city cuz you can wear them many ways you want. But This looks really great on you anyway! good luck girl! keep us post it!:okay:

Oh, my...aren't you adorable? :P Have you considered the Giant Day bag? It's hands down the most comfortable for shoulder wear, in my opinion. It also carries of the Giant Hardware very well!

"T" Cracker - you took the words right outta my mouth!!! Guess we're just both GH PT lovers! I agree the PT is definitely a very versatile bag, I love how you can wear it so many ways!

I love the strap too and I'm currently trading in my GH Work for a GH Part-time. I love the style of this bag with Giant Hardware.....it's classy and edgy all at the same time. I prefer it over the City with GH. The size of the PT is plenty big enough to pull off the giant hardware and it really makes this bag visually appealing.......it somehow balances it. The size is plenty big for my daily essentials and I love that I can wear it all different ways depending on my mood or needs. With the shoulder strap, you can wear it either crossbody or on the shoulder. With the handles, it can be a handheld or they can also fit over the shoulder like the Work. I think the PT is a great size for you.

Over the past few months, I've sold two of my Giant PT's and I really miss them. Plus seeing this photo the other day didn't help any!

vanessa-hudgens-big-boy-burgers-08.jpg

Now, I've got two PT's on the way!!!! One in RH and the other with GH and I'm thrilled. Good luck with your decision.

Alice$ - you look great with the Work! but if you are really having doubts about it, I say go for a GH Part Time! or keep this and eventually like all Bbag lovers, you'll get another soon and then you can get the PT or city! :graucho:

Hi Cracker,

I purchased the part-time in black with silver giant hardware @ Neiman's and I LOVE it, but now I really want to get another part-time in gold giant hardware for Fall/Winter....not sure what color I want to get in gold giant hardware though. I was really in LOVe with my Work (blueberry), but now I am really digging the my black part-time.

are you kidding me?!! you look perfect with the work size. i love the giant hardwares on the bigger bags like the work and the PT too. if you really want a bag with a strap then go for the PT.