Woo Hoo! on my way to france. . . advice please!

Can I go as a stow-a-way in your luggage? I don't take up much room:P. Ah my dream vacation someday soon. You have yourself a wonderful time and take plenty of pictures.

I've not had the pleasure of Paris, but I did buy a couple of small items in France last year. My advice to you is to get your VAT papers stamped PRIOR to checking in to your airline on the way home. Give yourself some time for that, as the line may be long. Also, be mindful of any customs taxes you may have to pay on your way back into your country.

My advice would be to visit the LV store at the Champs Elysees for the WOW effect, and also to be able to inspect and feel aaaall the bags. Make up your mind about what you want to get and go down to Avenue Montaigne (literally round the corner) for a more personalised attention. The general complaint about the LV mega store amongst french women is that you have to queue up to make your purchase as if you were in a Carrefour supermarket, and it should not be that way, after all you are buying a luxury item not a liter of milk! So buy your bag at another LV store to get the full treatment :nuts:

I forgot to add, the limit of purchases made in France without having to pay additional money at customs is $800. per person. :wtf:

KathyD, i would surely try to find out what bag you are talking about and if I can take secret pics hopefully i don't get caught and get booted out of the store!:crybaby:

I just have a question regarding the quote, i have to pay customs fee in france if I purchase over $800?

Please clarify?:confused1:

OMG---- I can picture it---

to the theme of CHARIOTS OF FIRE----

hahaha!! Have fun over there!!! Take LOTS of pictures of you and your brand new LVs with the Eifel in the background! How awesome is THAT gonna be!!!?!?!?!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ENVIOUS!!!!!

thanks frozen alaska! I am really excited and I have already called to reserve the nimbus for me. Yehay! So deluxeduck I am taking your advise and getting an LE first. Then think about the others later

Have Fun! I vote you buy some limited pieces or the more expensive pieces there as it is the cheapest in France. I'm so excited for you. I went by myself last year (because of work) and had to call my mom (who was on Guam) who would be one of the only people (besides hubby) I can share my excitement and awe with.