Women in Engineering....

Sorry, I'm not. One of my good friends in college was an Engi-nerd, double major in CS and CE, she now works for Cisco systems rolling in the dough. She was one of the most beautiful people inside and out, that I ever knew. Smart cookie, too! I admire her :smile:

I am still in school (almost done with my masters), but my majors are mechanical (mainly control) engineering, computer science, and mathematics. I work as a control/mechatronics engineer and plan on doing so for a while!

Hello to all the fellow female eingineers!!
A Q for all of you -- Do you like or dislike being a *rare species* in your job?

I a "retired" engineer. LOL I still consider myself an engineer even though at the moment I am a SAHM.

Majored in Biomedical Engineering. After a brief stint in the biomed field I went into firmware development. I specialized in communications technology and even have a couple patents.

I still believe it is a male-dominated field. But I always like being the only woman on the team.

Right now I'm toying with the idea of getting a job at the Apple store as a Mac Genius. I noticed those are always men too. Man, I just want one of those Apple T-shirts that say "Genius" ! LOL

I am! Glad to see there are more of us than I'd have thought! :feminist:I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, but I've worked as a Systems Engineer for about 5 years now. Sometimes I like being the token woman...makes me feel special!

Yeah, more engineering purse lovers:yahoo:. One more mechanical engineer here! Gwenjune, token woman indeed, perfect description, am the only woman at where I've worked in the past 10 years! Lucky me, the guys could've cared less on what I am wearing or which bags am using, so no "lectures" or "brand" recognition problems.