Woman troubles...

northernbelle33 said:
Well, it's not so much the sex that helps as the orgasm. The orgasm is KEY. I think it relaxes the muscles and releases some nice happy pain-killing chemicals.

So, anything that'll bring on an orgasm will do:graucho: ;) :P ...

Hope you feel better soon:smile:

~Tracey

I knew that but didn't want to get too graphic. :shame: It works!

chigirl said:
I knew that but didn't want to get too graphic. :shame: It works!

Heehee, yeah...I throw the word "orgasm" around quite freely :P . I'm not sure if it works for me (mainly because I don't really get cramps(*knocks on wood*)), but I know it works for my friend (and she doesn't need sex OR a guy to help her...she just needs a little privacy and it's all good:P ).

And once again, feel better, Megs!

~Tracey

Megs said:
Ok most of us all have them, the dreaded montly cramps. Do many of you have unbearable ones? I have the kind that keep me from living an ordinary life. I can't do ANYTHING when I have my cramps, it is awful. I do have some medical problems that make this all worse (which I am under Dr supervision for) but what else can I do?!

I am laying in bed with a heating pad and took a perscription IB Profin 800 about 1 hour ago... and NOTHING.

Vlad tries to help, but has no idea what to do-- so he is playing beach v-ball and I am moping around and feeling bad...

Anyone have some great tips??? :shame: :sad:
Ooooh child!! I use to have it BAD:sad: . I couldn't eat, I would feel nauseous and usually vomit if I smelled food, my legs would ache, my back would kill me, I WOULD BE ROLLING AROUND ON THE FLOOR.

Then came Birth Control Pills. No pain what-so-ever. I decided to take a break from the bc pills after 5 years of being on them thinking that things would be better for me. NO. I am back on them! The pain is just too unbearable.

BTW: I use to do the heating pad thing. memories... Aleve was the only medication that worked for me. I got on it after spending too much money on prescription Naproxen Sodium (it was called Anaprox). I would down one bottle during one cycle.

Been there..sooo sorry Megs.I had to have a hysterectomy at age 30 cuz I was sooo bad.I totally understand..I got to the point where percocet didnt even work.ick.I grew HUGE cysts.then tumors.....sucked...
Havent had a period ( or uterus!!LOL!)in YEARS..best surgery I ever had..LOL..Ask your doc for pain killers...motrin doesnt do much..Heating pad does help...curl up on your side too..Wish I could help more..but major surgery was the only way that cured me.

I went thru some hugely bad cramps for years and the dr's tried ibuprofen, nsaids, and for a short time steroids. Finally after many tests including a very painful biopsy they put me on vicodin, and very low dose hormones. The hormones were short term-3 months and off for 3 months and then for a total of 18 months. After the first course of hormones the cramping went way down, but shame on me I kept up the 5 days monthly of vicodin-I figured I suffered enough for so many years I was entitled to actually enjoy a period!

I'm gonna begin a side rant right now, but this can't be right that women have to go through so much pain. My mom and family (including myself) are very into Eastern Medicine and culture, and they don't experience problems like us! We must be injecting our foods with too many chemicals and hormones to get us off balance...

But I do have a check list to help with the cramps thanks to you all...
1) stronger drugs
2) ice cream
3) make vlad give me a massage
4) make vlad give me an orgasm

HAHAHAHA only kidding!!! :graucho:

Jill said:
^ You go girl!! LOL!.......
Vlad is gonna die when he sees this post..you know..LOL

He is already exhausted... he has been working out like a mad man. But I know he feels so bad when i am in pain like this... so I surely shall milk it for all its worth. He will not like #3, I always ask for massages, but I am pretty sure he will love #4 :lol:

I've heard that the very best thing to do is to go on a CONTINUOUS birth control pill regimin. Just ask your doctor to prescribe a low dosage pill, but without the placebos. It's very safe and becoming quite common. Hope something works for you soon:smile:

i'm so sorry you have to deal with this. i never have cramps actually so i don't have any advice. i think it runs in the family. the worst it gets is maybe a back ache. i hope you feel better soon tho!

Megs said:
I'm gonna begin a side rant right now, but this can't be right that women have to go through so much pain. My mom and family (including myself) are very into Eastern Medicine and culture, and they don't experience problems like us! We must be injecting our foods with too many chemicals and hormones to get us off balance...

But I do have a check list to help with the cramps thanks to you all...
1) stronger drugs
2) ice cream
3) make vlad give me a massage
4) make vlad give me an orgasm

HAHAHAHA only kidding!!! :graucho:

Awww, Megs! You forgot number 5!

Give YOURSELF an orgasm!

:graucho: :lol: :P heehee:shame: :P :angel:

~Tracey

Megs, I have a co-worker, who like you, has the worst pain when "Auntie Flo" comes to vist. She would call in sick whenever her time of the month came because the pain was just that bad and she couldn't function.
I have been taking Alleve for a while now (started on it when Midol wouldn't work for me anymore) and gave her one to try one day. It worked for her, and now I think she relies on it as much as I do.
Good luck, and hope you feel better! :flowers:

Megs...I have not read the entire thread..HOWEVER...I had a period last month that killed me...I have always had a very easy time of it..not lately. My cramps feel like hell fire..and it just sucks...I hate to get too graphic...ANYWAY>..since my neck problem...I found these hot pads that you put ON YOUR lower abdomen (sp) and they last 8 hours...MAGIC I tell you..they are for cramp pain. Exercise always makes me feel better..but ..well :censor: uck that...I want ben and his friend jerry..!!!! I have heard that sex helps...but who feels sexy feeling like that! (unless...you can just say...do this..do that...and DO NOT TALK)...okay..I hope you fell better...sweetie..hopefully soon.:yes: