Woman scatters human remains on Disney ride...

1. Possible Scattering Of Human Remains On Disney Rides Reported

Ride Closed, Police Alerted After Woman Seen Dumping Substance On Ride

POSTED: 10:10 pm EST November 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:44 am EST November 16, 2007

Disneyland workers were recently forced to close the "Pirates of the Caribbean" attraction after a ride security camera caught a woman apparently dumping human remains, in what may be a growing trend. Workers at the Anaheim theme park spotted the woman sprinkling an unidentified substance into the water on the "Pirates" ride. Anaheim police were notified of the incident.The woman told Disney park workers that the substance she dumped was baby powder, but officials are investigating the possibility that she sprinkled human ashes, Local 6 reported.Some Disney watchers said park-goers tell them that people smuggling in the cremated remains of their loved ones and then sprinkling ashes on rides has been going on for a while.They said it started at the Haunted Mansion, but now the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride is growing in popularity.Al Lutz, who runs Miceage.com, told KABC that it is not unusual for people to scatter a loved one's remains at the happiest place on earth.Disney officials said they were unaware of any confirmed ash-scattering incidents in the park and didn't believe it to be a problem, the Los Angeles Times reported.Park officials said there was no real way of knowing if cremated remains were dumped into the "Pirates" ride.Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Source: http://www.local6.com/news/14611438/detail.html

2. Oye!

My Uncle begged me to scatter his remains at a local beach back in 1997, and of course I looked up the laws. I had to sneak him out there in the middle of the night since it was a State Beach. A cop saw me, came down and I told him what I was doing. He was so sweet, he smiled, said he was sorry for my loss, and left me to finish. Cremains are pretty sterile, but yeah, there are big enough bits of bone that it can be indentified as human.

I am pretty sure it's a misdomener in California, to scatter remains improperly. However, few cases are ever prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, since it's often written down as a last request.

3. yeah I saw that yesterday - gross! I was supposed to go to Disneyland today but plans fell through. People are crazy sometimes!

Did you see the comments that someone posted with that story?? It was hilarious. It's on a different website, so I'll see if I can find it.

4. ew, don't dip your hand into the water!

5. ok found it:

The Walt is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in a themed flume ride:
    He leadeth me beside the Caribbean waters.
    He restoreth my Tom Sawyer Island:
    He leadeth me in the paths of the ride entrances for His name' sake.

Yea, though I float through the waters of the Pirates of the Caribbean,
    I will fear no evil: For Walt art with me;
    Thy mouse-ears and thy Fast Pass, they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table at the Blue Bayou in the presence of mine enemies;
    Thou annointest my head with rum; My booty runneth over.

Surely treasure and wenches shall follow me all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the House of the Mouse forever.

Ashes to animatronics... Dust to flume...

Amen.

6. it was from the ocregister

7. LOL- that was funny, thanks for finding! What an odd place to scatter ashes... I think the line about staying forever at the happiest place on earth takes the cake, if you will...

8. This has already happened before and that's why hauntings occur in that ride and many others....i'm from Anaheim and have had friends who have worked there and experience odd things. The most famous one is about a lady who's little boy died of cancer and his wish was to be scattered in the pirates ride because it was his favorite. Workers say that late at night when either cleaning up or getting ready to shut down they see a little boy sitting on one of the boats through the camera!

9. Local beach is one thing, but this is an amusement park fgs. It is gross! Remind me not to touch the water next time i'm at Disneyland.

10. Yikes!!

11. Uh, my best friend in Florida, her husband's dad died, and he used to take the whole family to Disney every year and it was his favorite place to go, so they dumped his ashes there inside the park :oh: :wtf:

12. True Sarahcantiik, very true. But again, cremains are sterile, and a 250 pound man is reduced to about 10 pounds of ashes.

I also believe the waters at Disneyland are highly filtered, so it really wouldn't affect people who dip hands in the there.

And no, it's not right, but it's not the plague either. ;)

13. Eww! When I went to Disneyland this past summer, my friend and I sat in the front row of POTC. We kept getting wet. I don't even want to think about what people have dropped in the water.

14. Gross, that water splashes you sometimes.

15. I'd rather have cremains splash on me than spit or puke.