Woman loses finger in drive-by purse snatching!

1. Woman loses finger along with purse in drive-by theft

By The Associated Press

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — A man tore off a woman's finger during a drive-by purse snatching, police said.
    Caesare Pinkins, 21, is charged with multiple felony counts of robbery, aggravated battery and burglary. He is being held in Gwinnett County Jail without bond.
    Pinkins drove by a 55-year-old woman about 2 p.m. Wednesday, swiped her purse and stepped on the gas, Gwinnett Police Cpl. Illana Spellman said.
    "As the suspect drove away, one of the victim's fingers was pulled off," Spellman said.
    Attempts by surgeons to reattach the woman's finger were unsuccessful. Spellman said she did not have additional information about the woman's injuries. She did not identify the victim.
    After the purse snatch someone called police, who captured Pinkins later Wednesday.

Good news is, they caught the guy. Sad they couldn't re-attach her finger, I can imagine it was pretty mangled.

2. whoa!!!!
    poor lady!

3. OMG! What a nightmare for that poor lady!

4. Must have been some bag she was grabbing on to like that!

5. OMG :wtf:

6. Friend of mine got her shoulder dislocated in a simular theft, and she was also knocked to the ground, injuring her knee.

Let this be a lesson to always know your surroundings.

7. This was at a grocery store in a very good area in Georgia. I live about 10 minutes away and the lady was coming out of a kroger grocery store. She was walking and this guy drove by and snatched her purse. She lost a finger in the process. It was all over the news here in Georgia. If anyone lives in georgia, it happened at the kroger at Five Forks Trickum Rd.

8. OMG:wtf:

9. They should've caught him and cut his finger off.

10. That's awful...I'd only been worried about people on foot when it came to bag thefts, now I need to be worried about drive-bys as well :wtf:

11. oh nooooo

12. Ouch, that sounds terrible! Poor lady!

13. Just horrible!

14. Poor woman. The purse snatcher should have a finger amputated.