Woman awarded $6.1M in McDonald's strip search hoax

1. Warning: this article in it's entirety is somewhat disturbing.

SHEPHERDSVILLE, Ky. - A jury awarded $6.1 million Friday to a woman who said she was forced to strip in a McDonald's back office after someone called the restaurant posing as a police officer.

Louise Ogborn, 21, had sued McDonald's Corp., claiming the fast-food giant failed to warn her and other employees about the caller who already struck other McDonald's stores and other fast-food restaurants across the country.

Ogborn had been seeking $200 million. McDonald's Corp. attorneys argued the company was not responsible and contended the company was being sued because of its deep pockets.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ … 05-ON.html

2. I didn't even click on the link Roo, but did you see the video????!?!

There was a special on 20/20 last night that Vlad and I watched... and it is BEYOND disturbing. This poor girl is put through horrible horrible things, while her boss comes in and sees her nude and just disregards it AND leaves her in the hands of her fiance (who forces her to perform sexual acts on him because the man on the phone told him to).

What disturbs me is that the boss of this girl actually was awarded money also... and if you watched her in the video she completely was letting these HORRIBLE things happen.

3. Megs, I completely agree. . . I remember hearing about this after it first happened and I caught part of last nights program as well.
    Un-freaking-believable!!!:shocked:

4. Yes, this story is totally insane. :cursing:

5. you can't make stuff like this up!:sad:

I do think it's cute that she wants to pay for a law degree out of her award though :biggrin:

6. I also saw this when it first came out...terrible things that happened to that girl!

Glad to know she got something in return...you can never take away those terrible actions but hopefully this will help her close a chapter in her life and begin a new one!!

7. The distress this poor girl went through it horrible... she was held for over 2 hours, in merely a McDonald's apron. She was made to stand on the chair, be spanked, bend over, etc. It was HORRIBLE.

But I am really perturbed that her boss got anything. Her boss is either really really really really really really clueless, or just won something she should not have.

8. I do NOT understand why the boss was awarded anything. She clearly lied about what went on...her story contradicted the videotape more than once....she was clearly covering her own ass. Plus, how fricking STUPID is that woman? What person in their right mind would just follow along while some supposed police officer told you to do a strip search on an employee??? It's mind-boggling that there are people that stupid. Or demented. She basically abused that poor girl and now she's getting paid for having done it!

9. I hate to say it but I agree with you Leah. :yes:

10. And I watched on 20/20... that was even worse. They confronted her saying 'you said that you never saw her nude' and then they showed her pictures of the girl nude in front of the boss. And her lawyer chimed in that she can't answer that. It is sickening.

11. McDonalds should have coughed up the 200m, they are responsible. A copmpany DOES have a responsibility to it's employees about making them aware of known hazzards that they may encounter in the workplace.

12. I too first saw the video when it first came out. I can't believe the boss got any money. It doesn't take much sense to figure out that something is wrong when corporate calls and asks for an employee to perform sexual favors.

13. You can't make stories like that up!

I'm glad the poor girl was well compensated (although no money in the world could erase the humiliation and embarassment)

14. I remember seeing this just after it happened as well. I have never seen anything more sickening.

Leah - I have asked exactly the same questions again and again. HOW HOW HOW could an adult sit there and allow something like this to happen? How couldn't anyone be such an idiot?! God, by the time it got around to the "police officer" asking her fiance to come in, I was throwing things at the TV. That woman is a moron. An absolute moron.

That poor girl - she deserves every penny and more, not that it could ever make up for what she's been through.

15. You really can't. I almost didn't believe this at first.