Wolf Whistles : Hey Baby !!!

1. Do you think wolf whistles are a compliment or just plain embarrassing ?

Do you find cat- calling offensive ?

How would you expect a stranger to show his vocal appreciation ?

What do you or do not respond too ?

2. Do you think wolf whistles are a compliment or just plain embarrassing ?
    I think they're meant to be compliments, and I take them as such. And I don't really find them embarassing, just laaame.

^^^Not offensive just corny.

I wouldn't. Don't say anything unless I know you. A compliment from a woman is somehow different though. Like if a random guy walks up to you and tells you he likes your hair, that's just creepy. But if a woman were to compliment you on it, it would be a totally different story.

I just ignore them. Half the time I'm not sure if it's me they're whistling at or somebody else.

Does anyone remember that episode of Sex and the City where this construction worker keeps whistling at Miranda every time she walks into the video rental place? That just sort of popped into my head.

3. I agree...strange men making compliments to me creeps me out (not that it's happened in awhile).

When I was younger I loved the attention...now I just find it weird ... like 'what's wrong with them that they find ME attractive" LOL

And I'm just super paranoid. I'm always on my guard when I'm out in public so I guess a whistle would be better than just staring. At least I'd figure out what the whistle was for. As opposed to staring where I just wonder if my fly is unzipped.

4. ^^^ROFLMAO.:roflmfao:

5. Cat calling and whistling is unfortunately something I've had to get used to. Not a day goes by without having to deal with this crap.

It offends and bothers me that I am expected to put up with rude behavior like that from pigs that have no respect for women (if they did they wouldn't act that way).

What is it with men like that anyway??? Do they actually expect me to go running over and say "thank god you screamed "nice boobs" at me ....can I please give you my phone number???"

Honestly....some men are just clueless....

6. Do you think wolf whistles are a compliment or just plain embarrassing ?
    I find it very embarrassing.

Yes actually.

I am very uncomfortable getting compliments from strangers. Recently, a guy who's probably like 30 years my senior came up to me, told me I looked nice and asked me out. I was so dumbfounded that I didn't know how to react. I just stood there like an idiot. My girlfriend actually had to step in and told him I was married. The whole incident made me very uncomfortable.

7. Don't wanna sound ignorant but what is cat-calling?

8. Ladies, I wish I had a more politically respectable response to cat calling, but when a guy leans out of his car and yells, "hey baby, nice ass!" I always yell "thank you!" back :lol:

9. Took the words right out of my mouth. :yes:

10. Oh Lord! Good topic Prada'sMeadow!

Do you think wolf whistles are a compliment or just plain embarrassing ?
    Both. It's an embarrassing compliment.
    I feel himuliated I think is the best word for it.
    Just say it if you have to. Otherwise, keep it to yourself.
    I don't respond to any of it except once cause the two guys in the truck were trying to engage a conversation about my long hair.

11. I don't appreciate it one bit. If a fellow wants to get my attention he can always start a conversation, like "nice weather" or something subtle. But, I'm a bit of a freak magnet and often the idiot tries to do that double entendre talk (not very cleverly, either) or just out and out starts in with the rude talk. Ewww! Run away! Run away!
    I don't even turn my head toward the whistlers and cat-callers. Just keep on walking.
    Kate

12. LOL!!:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I think it's funny/cute when guys actually say something instead of whistling at you. The cutest lines I've heard so far were when I was walking into this huge mall.. and right then this guy comes up to me and goes "Hey! Well it's about time YOU got here.. I've been waiting for you all day" as if he'd known me forever. That takes guts and you have to love a guy that's that confident haha.

One of my other favorites was when I was at a restaurant and the waiter wrote me this really sweet note afterwards. He like left it with my check and ran right off because he was so embarrassed.. then he had another waiter ask me to please write something back to him, it was adorable LOL.

I usually get really embarrassed and walk away when guys whistle at me.. but if they use pick up lines or try to talk to me atleast it's somewhat entertaining! LOL!

13. Do you think wolf whistles are a compliment or just plain embarrassing ? Do you find cat- calling offensive ?

I find both them disrespectful. Would they want anyone doing that to their mother or sister?

not by yelling across a public place thats for sure. what are we? cattle?

I respond to a polite smile and straighforward tasteful compliment like, "You have very pretty eyes."

14. Do you think wolf whistles are a compliment or just plain embarrassing ?
    i think it depends how they are meant like to me there is a difference between an appreciative whistle and a degrading whistle (maybe its just me :shrugs:)

no not under most circumstances, though i do think it is inappropriate sometimes.

whatever happened to like eyes meeting for 2 seconds then looking away and then back again... i think thats cute i dont like people that are like HI! you're cute! i once had a guy come up to me at a fair and he goes wow...your eyes they are really haunting (is it just me or is that not a compliment??) it was really kinda creepy so just smile maybe a wink thats all i'm asking for :upsidedown:

I don't respond to rudeness, dont come at me like i owe you a response or like i have to talk to you i hate that...just because you want to come over and say something i should drop what i'm doing so i can listen to your lame lines? generally though i dont go for compliments from guys i dont know because all they are, are disguised pick up lines

this made me think of the SATC episode too with miranda and the construction worker

15. People always do that to me...I find it quite funny. I mean, why in the world do they feel the need to whistle at me? DO they think im gonna run after their car and give them my number? I take it as a compliment and laugh it off.