Wish us luck!

1. We're checking our son into the hospital Monday morning (provided the lab has processed his bloodwork by then) to FINALLY get the extended EEG we've been trying to schedule for months. This is to see if they can locate seizure activity. He's had two grand mal or "tonic clonic" seizures, both of which involved paramedics and ambulance rides to the emergency room because the seizures didn't stop on their own. The first one last August lasted over an hour and they gave him two valium doses and 18 mg. of Ativan before it stopped. The second was this Feb., but lasted only about 15 minutes and slowed then stopped after the first dose of IV valium. He's been on Depakote since the second seizure, and we haven't seen any outward signs since then.

So anyway, they sedate him, hook up the electrodes (no pain, just goopy stuff in his hair) then he stays in the hospital hooked up to the EEG for three days or until they can get a reading on any seizure activity. The real challenge though is that he's also developmentally disabled, and HATES having anything foreign on his body, so he'll be spending every waking moment trying to pull the wires off his head and the IV out of his arm. Which means we'll be spending every moment keeping him from doing so. I'm just hopeful that they get some useful information out of this, or it's just going to be three days of exhaustion for nothing. :wondering
  2. awww good luck to you pseub and your poor son....i don't think i could handle having and IV in my arm so i guess he's gotta be a brave boy to withstand all this hospital activity....i hope everything goes well :worried:
  3. Good luck to you and your family pseub! Hope everything goes well, and please keep us updated.
  4. I’m so sorry to hear about your son, having a sick child is the about the worst thing that can happen to a parent it makes one feel so helpless. I wish you and your son all the best.
  5. Pseub, wishing you and your little one all the best.
  6. Good luck!!! My prayers will be going out to you and your family.
  7. Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly !
  8. Good luck! I hope you finally get some rest too.
  9. Good luck! Our thoughts & prayers will be with your family :o)
  10. Thanks everybody. I really do appreciate the thoughts and prayers. We're taking his portable DVD player and as many books, toys and puzzles as we can carry to try to keep him distracted. :wacko:
  11. Good luck to you and your family!
  12. Good luck to you and your family .
  13. I wish you all the luck. Stay stronge and we are behind you.
  14. I am sending you and your family best wishes. I hope it goes smoothly for all of you.
  15. You sound very strong, and such a loving parent -

Best Wishes