WINSTON!!!!! Please come home, we miss you!!!

Thanks so much for all your kind words. He's been gone five days now. I've been out every night, every morning and at least twice during the days.

*sniff* WAAAAGGGHHHH!

Love the media idea! Brilliant!!!... as is the night calling thing!!!
Despite the other thread about microchips, I am relieved to hear Winston has one - IMO it increases the chance of finding him by 10 fold!
If Winston is a scardy-cat (one of mine is), you may want to contemplate a live trap or 2 baited with his fave food. If he is normally an indoor cat he could be a scardy-cat now that he's out in the big world.
Also, it breaks my heart to suggest it, but if your municipality deals with animals on the road... you know... not alive... perhaps you may want to call them and see if they found anything - at the very least to put your mind to rest.
I hope like crazy your furball comes home. Please let us know how things turn out...
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Winston will come back!!!! I'm so sorry, my cat Bert ran away one year on Thanksgiving I went crazy putting signs up, talking to neighbors... finally he came back HOURS later (seemed like a year) he acted like it was no big deal I bet Winston is just chilling with some cat friends being a kitty :yes: Winston is in my thoughts and in my kitties thoughts!!!!!

Sorry I am late to this thread. Cal, I hope you find Winston soon. My Chinchilla Persian was gone for 2 weeks. I was beside myself cried every night looking for him. Fortunately the my creepy neighbors whom I questioned in the first place had to release him because cried too much. Wouldn't settle down with them. I was so happy to see him one foggy night. He had lost his voice from crying all day and night. I was not hearing things when I got him back.
Sending hopefull vibes your way!!! *hugs*

Waaghhhhhh.........thanks so much for all your kind words. It's day six now and still nothing. A lady called yesterday saying she saw a grey and white hairy cat and by the time I got to her house (after dressing the kids) the cat was gone. She called again last night and once again I raced to her house but the cat she'd seen wasn't Winston. I appreciated her call though, shows that people care.

There's a crazy cat man around the corner and I've been knocking on his door for four days and he's not answering.

I don't want to take this to the media for a few reasons. I don't speak dutch, don't like to be on TV and really, there are only a few channels here and I'm sure they wouldn't be interested. Thanks all for the suggestion though.

Will keep you all updated - thanks again for all your kind thoughts.

I dun want to alarm u cal but my auntie she's got many cats.. She's crazy abt them. She once told me that a cat when its going to die will leave the house and find a place to hide n ... u koe... I hope thats not the case for u..

AAARGH!!! Slip a note under the crazy cat mans door. ?
You can say he needs medication.....

My cat Fluffy, who is a himalayan, just up and moved across the street two years ago. She just decided one day she wanted to split, and now she lives under my neighbors house, and basically, is my neighbor's cat. I still see her and buy her food, but she just prefers it there....Its weird because my neighbor is odd and sad and lonely and just loves fluffy so much, its like they need each other or something......

Sometimes, they just up and leave, and live a good long life elsewhere. My friend Diane shared a cat with someone for years. The cat would disappear, and then return, looking fat and well fed, etc. after a couple of weeks. Or it would be gone all night, too. A big persian like yours.... Once it came back with a different collar with a phone number one it. Diane called and said, hi thats my cat....the other lady said, well, hey, it sleeps in my bedroom, LOL.

If somehow Mr. W. doesnt make it back before you leave, do leave a note for the new residents, if there are any, to watch for him, and perhaps make arrangements with a friend who could be called in this case.

Whiskers still leaves for two or three weeks at a time. I live in a rural area and he always comes back looking fine and well fed.

Cats are so odd.

Nope, not home yet. I went to the animal shelter today to drop off some pictures and I was hoping he would be there. Still nothing. :crybaby::crybaby:. I can't move and leave him here!