Will the Louis Vuitton book help me learn more about the bags?

1. hi. I've been here a little while but this is my first time starting a thread. Please dont laugh at me. I heard about the Louis Vuitton book --birth of modern luxury and I am not an LV expert. If I buy this book will it help me learn more about all the styles? What kind of book exactly is it? Thank you. I am embarrased for asking a stupid question.

2. Hi, the book is great, you should get one . It tells more about the history and everything you need to know about LV. Some awesome pics of the bags, ads campaigns etc. I am not sure you learn all about the styles but you will learn something..must have for LV lovers!

3. I think that's an excellent question. I'm a new collector and I want to get educated about LV. Thanks for being brave to ask this question. Let's wait and see for response.:drinkup: Cheers!

4. Also go to a boutique and ask an SA for a catalog if you want to see the different styles!

5. Hello Bagsnbags, Thanks for the info. Everyone is sooo helpful. Love this forum.

6. thank you. its good to see other newbies out there too

7. No problem..

You can buy LV bible at eBay for older styles and limited/ seasonal items..

8. what is an LV bible? is it the same as a catalog?

9. Yes pretty much.. catalog from the store don't have limited/seasonal items . It's nice to see all the pics..I saw many of them at eBay for sale ..

10. this is what inside the bible , to give you some ideas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. why is the lv bible in japanese?? (nevertheless, i want one, because of the pictures!!)

12. wow! i want a lv bible! do they have it in english or french, though? then again, i want the LV book also!

13. because it's a 'magazine' published in japan.. you can buy it on ebay these days if you're in the states.. america doesn't publish anything like the lv bible in japan.. though i think if they franchised or made some sort of deal i think they could make a ton of money. haha.