Will Smith:'Hitler Was a Good Person'

1. When I first read this, I thought maybe he was misquoted or his remarks were taken out of context... but this story is all over the web now.. not sure what to think about this? :confused1:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Smith_Hitler_Was_a_Good_Person/5024607

Smith: 'Hitler Was a Good Person'

HOLLYWOOD - Will Smith has stunned the world by declaring that even Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was essentially a "good" person.

The I Am Legend star, 39, is determined to see the best in people, and is convinced the former German leader did not fully understand the extent of the pain and suffering his actions would cause during his time in power in the 1930s and '40s.

He says, "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.'

"I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.' Stuff like that just needs reprogramming."

Hitler's totalitarian leadership as Fuhrer during 1934 until his eventual suicide in 1945 resulted in the persecution of an estimated six million Jews in the Holocaust, and his invasion of Poland in 1939 led to the start of the Second World War.

2. Ugh.

3. I don't think he is calling Hitler "good." In fact he called him "twisted," & "backwards." Hoepfully it was just a stupid way of saying the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

BUT, I for one think Hitler is evil, you can't even conceive of, let alone build Concentration Camps without being evil, and I hope there is a hell so that Hitler is in it.

4. since Smith didn't actually say "Hitler Was a Good Person" why is every news story printing/posting it that way? :rolleyes: why didn't these stories headline with "smith thinks all people are good, even Hitler". idiots, they just want controversy. I wish Will Smith left Hitler out of those comments, then he could have actually made sense.

5. I am not trying to judge what context he said this in.. but my point is that you don't make comments about Hitler flippantly... it is too hot an issue and could be career suicide if you are not careful!!! :s

6. "I am Stupid"

Hilter went way beyond "twisted and backwards" hillbillies who have sex with goats are "twisted and backwards", Hitler ordered the executions of millions of men, women and children. He was a monster.

7. This story is up to 22 hits on google news... by tomorrow it will be in the hundreds methinks... not good for Will :sad:

8. I agree... :sad:

9. I agree, Hitler "brainwashed" many people into doing what he wanted. He never killed anyone (outside of his duties in the army in WWI) but Hitler gets blamed too much for the atrocities. There were tens of thousands of average Germans who tortured, and executed millions of people. Hitler didn't do it all, he suggested it and people followed, those people are worse than Hitler.

10. um, yeah....I think he did!

Has Will Smith completely lost his mind??????????:wtf:

11. Ok. I really love Will, so I'm trying to really understand where he is coming from here.... but uh... I don't know about this one.

EDIT: could he have be misquoted? I can't believe he could be this dumb.

12. yeah...I for one believe his career is over.

13. ^^ Yeah, makes ya wonder.... :confused1:

14. Actually, Hitler thought he was doing good. In his mind, he was doing good for Germany and the world. That was Smith's point, that people generally are good and try to do good. The "good" people are doing can be questionable, OBVIOUSLY in the case of Hitler.:wtf: Poor Will, this will ruin him.